SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 10:12:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A project or 3 I have been working on  (Read 6812 times)
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« on: October 26, 2007, 11:06:00 pm »

They are all in a state of disrepair right now.  But look at the pics and you can see where all my spare time has been going.  The blue ones need small stuff and good detail jobs.  The yellow needs a few pieces to be ready to assemble.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 12:09:24 am »

Looks Nice Marvin!
Keep the pics coming!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:24 am »

Thats not an Rc 81 is it? I want more pics. What about before pics?  jawdrop
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 09:03:46 am »

Thanks guys,

The white top Pepsi and the RC are not mine.  A friend of a friend recommended me to this guy to help restore them.  I stripped them down and he took them to get paint / bodywork.

Then the story gets good.  The original guy painting them had a fire at his house and the machines got burned up.  He had to carry them to another paint guy and he was able to salvage 1 cabinet and both doors.   I took them apart in late 02 or early 03.  It has drug out a long time.  I started putting his Pepsi machine together first and the first night I worked on it I DROPPED IT and smashed the top rear corner and cracked the paint by the hinges.  I was able to get my painter to fix it pretty quickly so it was not to long.

In the mean time, just around Christmas last year I got a steal on a Pepsi 81 and just got it back 2 weeks ago from my painter.  I have been focusing most of my time on my machine right now.

Marvin
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:02 pm »

Blimey - That's a story....

Your middle name's not lucky is it??

You're a very aptient man waiting as long as you have..

They look great now..

Dave
G.Pope
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:53:25 pm »

Hey Marvin,
Paint on machines look great. Can I ask how you painted the inner cabinet and shelves?
Were they powder coated or painted?

Mans got 3 machines and still cant get a cold pop!  LOL

Thanks
Pope
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 09:17:52 pm »

The solid blue machine (mine) has all internals powdercoated. with the exception of the vend cams in the bottle stack.  I hammertoned them.  The other Pepsi has the stuff powdercoated, but since I was not "in charge" of this step they look just OK.  He powdercoated the bottle stack with most of it assembled and it was frozen up.  I spent 2 hours getting it to work and it still sticks sometimes.

The RC had the liner powdercoated, but I was not happy with it.  So I scuffed up the coating and hammertoned it.  I think it looks really good.  I just could not put together such a unique machine with internals that did not match the machines reputation. 

If I really wanted a cold one I could use either Pepsi machine they are working correctly.  laugh

Marvin
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 03:50:12 am »

As I type in Arizona Marvin, They look outstanding.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 09:40:10 am »

Great looking machines... Great workspace as well.. wish I had that much room just for my machines... Post more pictures as you get more done! happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 10:32:03 am »

Great looking machines... Great workspace as well.. wish I had that much room just for my machines... Post more pictures as you get more done! happydrinkers

I wish that was just my "soda workspace" that is the half of my 2 car garage that usaully has my truck in it.  I have been trying to get the machines together so I can reclaim my space.  My truck is a 2001 Ford Lightning with 15000 miles.  I have it under a cover at my parents house in a semi enclosed garage. 

I will be sure to post more pics.  I have a guy coming Tuesday to letter the machines.  I am still waiting on some chrome but I think I should have them ready to display by the end of the week.

Marvin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: