SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 06:43:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP IDEAL 55 ISSUE  (Read 3463 times)
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« on: August 28, 2011, 11:49:10 am »

I have had my Ideal 55 for a few months, the only issue ive had is the occasional water leak when the machine would stop running, the machine would eventually turn back on and everything would be fine again.  This morning I walked into the garage and noticed a large puddle of water and the machine was off.  Looks like it shut down sometime yesterday due to the amount of water and the drinks inside were not cold at all.  The machine is still plugged in, but not running.  It was pretty hot yesterday, so im sure it got warm in the garage, but this is the first time this has happened.  Im not super-handyman and still learning how these old machines even work.

Any help would be nice

thanks
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 02:33:05 pm »

OK, it just turned back on and its cooling!  any reason why it was off for so long? darn

I would say it was off for about 15-20 plus hours
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »

All machines produce condensation & will drain out the appropriate drain tube provided it's not plugged up with crud. they will pee all over your floor unless you have a drip-pan underneath to catch the water. older slider type machines have dry-rotted & cracked gaskets, if the top lid is bent/warped it wont sit squarely on the lid gasket & allow lots of hot-humid air into the tank to make even more sweat. on a slider, a big culprit in the air-leak department is the side loading door that wont snug down tight because of a damaged door screw and/or nut, or is missing its gasket entirely.  a quick check for air-leaks is to temporarily stick a battery powered camping lantern or similar light source inside the cooler, and in a darkened room. look for light peaking out of the door/gasket areas.

If the machine wont turn on , this may be another separate issue with the thermostat of an over heating compressor, etc.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
indymanjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

does the compressor on this unit have a condenser fan?if its off next time slightly "bump"the thermostat and if it starts running its likley the thermostat(cold controll)
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:28:37 pm »

this was a serious puddle, looks like everything defrosted on the unit.  the bump thing raises a flag for me, I did move it a little and right after that it turned on.  Ill take a look
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:22:18 pm »

Yes, check the T-stat, if it was stuck "on" due to the extra hot weather & that coupled with an air-leak, you could have had a real nice chunk (sheet) of Ice on the inside walls, which melted into your small lake you found. ( after the T-stat got stuck again only in the "off" position, thus the warm pop.  it's probably time to replace the thermostat.

11 is louder than 10...
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »

You should have a blk tube coming out if the bottom that curves up creating a P- trap and it should have a round Bracket it slides into . Shouldnt have any water dripping out .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 05:00:50 pm »

i dont think I have that???  but a lot of the water was from the ice on the coils that melted
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »

There you go..probably a stuck/sticky thermostat as I mentioned

11 is louder than 10...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: