SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 04:22:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cigarettes Decal / Fonts  (Read 12532 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:38 am »

I'm making up some decals for a National Cigarette Machine.  I know here on the site we are the most detailed oriented than the public.

Submit your vote and will see which one is the best option. I'm also thinking about doing the block lettering down the sides.

Thanks for your input.

Jared
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:26 am »

#4 is probably the closest, how are you submitting the decal to the printer, just a image or recommending the text?  I say that because you could presumably scan the glass panel on a flatbed scanner and do the touch-up with an image processing program for an exact fit.  Let me know if you're interested in some help with that approach, I have the full Adobe suite and have done some work in the past. 

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:56:40 am »

My machine the white one does not have the decal.  The pink one with the decal is ebay photo.

But yes, i agree scanning would be the best option if I had one to scan.  I'm also looking for a few parts if anybody has any.

Thanks!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:26:17 pm »

I think 1 or 4 is the closest, but once you do it , either one will look great as your not comparing side to side.

or do what others have said,, I know , most good graphics people should be able to scan and / or recreate the lettering?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:50:05 pm »

I would vote 2 -  4 (which is Brush Script Font) seems to be over used... With 2 (it has a nice vintage feel) you extend it and put a stroke on it to thicken the letters...
 it would be awesome... Are you using Illustrator or Photoshop? Illustrator you could make vector and mess with the kerning and thickness and extend the tale in the s on the end.
the vertical word looks like Avant Gard and/or Futura (though Futura's G doesn't have the flat angle on the front) But works well...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

I know , most good graphics people should be able to scan and / or recreate the lettering?

That would be ideal if my machine had the decal.  But, yes without a side by side comparison probably will look fine!

Are you using Illustrator or Photoshop? Illustrator you could make vector and mess with the kerning and thickness and extend the tale in the s on the end.
the vertical word looks like Avant Gard and/or Futura (though Futura's G doesn't have the flat angle on the front) But works well...

I'm a using a local sign shop not sure which format they are making the proofs in.  I agree #2, or #4 are both good.  The only thing the none of the fonts duplicate is the letter "S".  Also I think the capital "C" doesn't look right on #4.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:21:37 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »

That was more than likely hand drawn “Back in the day” I'd give the sign shop the second font, a copy of the original there and see if they could build the s... should be easy enough.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 04:28:15 pm »

I don't have the original art except for a picture from machines on the web.  That's a good observation though Eric.  I think I can live with some small little differences that nobody would notice anyways.

Thanks for the input!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 04:29:33 pm »

Now to decide on the art for the lower storage door!    biggrin
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

Over all I like 3 . The c is close and the s aswell .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: