SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 04:45:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner for $175  (Read 2439 times)
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:05 pm »

Stoner on CL for $175.00 in Flint, Michigan.      http://flint.craigslist.org/atq/1751615423.html

Matt
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:11 pm »

Trying to get a hold of them. Interested

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:12:12 pm »

That machine is located in Flushing, MI just off I-75 and Pierson Road.  I took a drive out to see it last Friday night forgetting that I was driving up I-75 like the rest of the people going up north! veryangry  It has all the parts and the vending pulls all work but are in need of a good cleaning.  The serial number would indicate that it was built in 1960 and the bakelite on all of the pulls is in good shape.  The guy bought it out of a laundromat a few years back where it had been in use until the place had closed--at least that is the story.  The prices are all marked at 25 cents and it has a coin mech with the change tube on the top.  Although I could not get the coin mech to work.  Has the original lock and key.

I almost struck a deal with the guy but I noticed that the door was not closing easily.  I pulled the machine out from the wall to get a look at the back.  It was then that I noticed that the right hand upper corner of the vending display was bashed in almost like someone had attempted to break into the machine.  It appeared that the hinge was slightly damaged as well which would account for the slight problem getting the door closed.  The metal is pushed in and cracked.  Almost looks like someone hit it with a ball peen hammer.  Probably fixable and it displays nicely but enough for me to pass as I have the same unit with a gum wheel already along with a few other Stoners.

I did not want to have "that" conversation with the wife!  I think she was thrilled when she asked me "Okay, what did you buy now?" to which I replied, "I looked but did not buy!" biggrin Cool laugh

Have him send you some pictures before making the drive all the way out to see it.  I have included an arrow on the picture where the damage is but you can't see it from this angle.  Otherwise a straight machine with original glass and mirror.  The paint was brushed on looks like red latex.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: