SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:05:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with coin mech!!!!!  (Read 9905 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: March 16, 2008, 03:07:12 pm »

Guys,

I have a problem with my coin mech. It will not take the coins down the coin slot, but will take them from the inside manually. How do I get the mech to let the coins drop down. They keep going into the change slot and not the vending slot??

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:14:48 pm »

OK so let me get this straight, do you mean that when you insert coins from the outside of the machine into the coin slot, they just get rejected, & when you open the coindoor & put the coins directly into the coinmechs hopper, it does accept them?

if yes, then maybe your coinmechs jumped off of its mounting screws & is sittinga little off plumb so that the coin-slots duckbill ( the coinchute just behind the coinslot entry) is missing the coin intake hopper maybe...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »

No, I put the coins in the front of the door and they are going directly through the coin mech and into the coin changer out front again. They are not going into the coin mech and making it work. I have to open the door, remove the coin mech plate and insert the coins in the back of the mech, to get it to work. Sorry for not explaning it earlier. I will take pictures. The coins will not work, unless I manually remove the coin mechs back and put them in to get the selector to work. Does this make sense? Maybe the coin mech is jammed, thus making all the coins go to the return and not into the acutual proces of allowing it to keep the coins???

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:50:33 pm »

What type mech are you talking about? - mechanical or electric?
What machine does it belong to?
Sounds as if the knockout arms are in the coin path of the rejector.
Empty lever deactivated when trying to simulate a vend?
Pics would be helpful!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 07:18:43 pm »

Here are some pics. It comes off my soda cup machine. It is a M7600, according to the tag. It does say the machine is empty? I can not get the coins to go down the chute into the reaction slot to trigger the machine and keep the money. They all want to go to the coin return slot.

Brian  happydrinkers
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »

Ah! If the machine is truely empty, then it's (the coinmech) doing its job, rejecting coins because it has nothing to vend. this mean the CREMS (coin reject electro-magnets, those little coils with the wire fingers that stick out & into the back of the slug-rejector plate that you removed) are turned off & allowing the wire fingers to portrude into the coin path within the slug rejector, and kicking all coins to the coin return cup.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:21 pm »

The machine is not empty though??? The machine has product in it and is ready to go. When I put in the coins on the inside of the machine, behind the plate, if vends find. It is just from the outside of the machine that it will not vend? Also, how do I change the vend price on this? It is set at $.10 right now.

Thanks!

Brian  happydrinkers
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »

Are the CREMs working properly?
Maybe the fingers are bent?
Maybe the electro-magnets are bad?

Looks like your rejector is missing the slug cover plate (unless you took it off). This directs all rejected coins to the mech's coin return chute.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:09:59 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 08:18:37 pm »

I will check the CREMS. I took off the cover plate.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 11:17:05 am »

No, I put the coins in the front of the door and they are going directly through the coin mech and into the coin changer out front again. They are not going into the coin mech and making it work. I have to open the door, remove the coin mech plate and insert the coins in the back

Your coin mech. seems to be working fine.   Is it your slug rejector that is dirty and giving
you problems?  There should be no need for you to remove that plate, the whole rejector comes
out in case of coin jams and for easy cleaning.

Glen
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 11:44:08 am »

When I put coins in on the outside of the machine, they go straight to the coin return chute. The only way I can get it to work is remove the inside plate and insert coins there, to trigger the machine to release the cup. Seems like the coin mech is working, but needs some general cleaning or something.

Brian  happydrinkers
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »

maybe I am missing something here but if the sold out light is lit then the machine believes it is empty. It doesn't matter if there is product in the machine, the machine still believes it is empty so it will not take coins. I believe you said it is a cup soda. Sold out conditions in a cup soda are usually caused by 1 of 3 things.

1 - it thinks it is out of cups
2 - it doesn't beleive it has water (feeder cup system)
3 - It thinks the waste pail is full.

Yes on all mechanical style cup soda's that I have worked on if you cheat it by dropping the coins in they still will vend even if the sold out light is on.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »

Well, it is full of product, full of water and full of cups. I think they are getting caught up somewhere. I will have it looked at. The empty light is off.

Brian  happydrinkers
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: