SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:45:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Freight!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!  (Read 3140 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: June 15, 2007, 12:08:59 pm »

Heads up! Yellow Freight is a scam! They damaged one of my machines from NY to Kansas and now do not want to pay for the damage. They say that they will not accept my fee to have it restored. They left two dents on it and my cost to repair would be $400. They denied it. Watch out! I have never had issues with them, until now. They do not care about their customers and only about $$ and the big guys! Wonder if anyone else has had issues with them? The machine was a C-33 I bought from Brian in NY.

Brian  happydrinkers
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »

Sorry to hear about the damage.. that really sucks..

We used to get machinery shipped to us by Yellow freight. We are in NJ, so depending on where in NY it may be the same terminal. I've had compressors laying on their side, busted, and have seen other items on the truck even worse than my shipments. We never shipped outbound with them. I'm surprised they are still in business.  We used Old Dominion for years with good prices, good timing, and care. We have recently switched to Fed Ex National, and the prices are great, timing is great, and care seems good so far.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:15:06 pm »

I have had good luck with them.  Once shipping a machine and once having one shipped to me.   Several states away. Perhaps I was lucky, but in the middle of South Dakota there are not a lot of options.....

Bob
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:43:42 pm »

I shipped a ton with them, but they lost a good customer. They blew me off and were really rude. I am going to write a letter to their CEO and give him a piece of my mind! If anyone has another good shipper that they can refer to me, I am looking for one!

Brian  happydrinkers
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:14:10 am »

Hello Brian,
Just wondering if you bought the insurance with them? If so what do the charge? I am getting ready to ship a machine next week and was wondering what the rates and terms of other shippers are. I use a truck broker to do most of my shipping. www.carrierrate.com

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 11:49:10 am »

They only offer insurance on certain items. Because I had this dropped off and it went dock to dock, they do not offer insurance. If they pick up they do, if you drop off, they do not. If there is damage, you make a claim and they decide if they want to pay. There was damage when I got the machine home and unpacked it. They claim because I did not show them the damage at the dock, they will not pay for it. Basically, I got screwed. They damaged it and then told me too bad, your loss! Do not use Yellow Freight. They are ok on rates, you can do better. I have a contact from anyfreight.com. I can hook you up with him. Great rates and awesome to work with!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: