SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 01:47:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jukeboxes  (Read 3581 times)
« on: July 20, 2002, 02:31:43 pm »

Anyone have information on a Seeburg HF 100G Jukebox.  I'm looking at one that is original, complete, but not functioning.  The owner said something about "needing tubes".  Any idea what kind of price range for these boxes?  Thanks for your help.  Sorry not pictures of actual machine.

Dennis ':cool:'
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 05:38:33 pm »

A friend of mine sold a non working 100G a while ago (greedbay.com) for $1000.  I've heard of people picking them up for pennies at garage sales while others pay thousands for mint restored boxes.  Many people will tell you that a jukebox doesn't work and "only needs a fuse of tubes" because the juke no longer plays.  Sometimes you can get lucky and that's all it is.  Most often it's the old capacitors in the amp.  You can buy a cap kit and rebuild the amp yourself (contact vern tisdale) or ship it off to Bill Bickers (jukebox saturday night) to have him rebuild the amp.  Check out
http://groups.google.com/groups?....e-boxes
for more info.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 08:36:02 pm »

Dennis,

You'll need to be more specific as far as what is not working...
The only thing that tubes will help correct in a Seeburg G is the amplification system! If the record carriage isn't moving or picking up records, this is something totally different and tubes won't correct these types of problems...

If you need a manual, I have original Seeburg Manuals from the Trashcan Series(models 146, 147 & 148) all the way to the early 60's models (LPC, I think) and everything in between...  I could photo-copy the required sections and mail it to you for the cost of shipping and copies...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: