SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:45:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Vending  (Read 3699 times)
Zach
25 Cent Member

« on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »

Vintage Vending in my opinion seemed to be quiet the restoration business before they decided to shut down and unfortunately during their glory days I wasn't into machines at the time. Anybody know what happened to them? I am constantly finding myself drooling over their work and envy the business they had and would like to know more about it. Please chime in.
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:31:43 am »

Grew too fast and had way too much overhead. They were'nt making any money so they cut back and now became Retro Planet and they now sell reproduction items. They have some neat items on their sight.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 08:09:43 am »

I always like the name Vintage Vending. It seem to be right to the point. Don't know why they would change to Retro Planet which isn't to the point at all.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:46 am »

Many times when a business goes through a reorganization, ( perhaps via bankruptcy) it will re-register ( incorporate itself ) with a new name, due to the fact that even when the debts are cleared or settled, some may have been "sold" to third party brokers who would try to attach a lien to the old business name in hopes of getting some assets (IE: $$$)

Either that, or they just felt like it.  tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

Keith, the owner of Vintage Vending & Retro Planet is worth Millions and a very good business man. He closed down the restoration end of the business because the numbers were not there. This was a hobby for him, something he liked to do and if you all knew how much money he is still worth it would blow your mind! He still collects and has sold me alot of stuff over the past few years, (unrestored) I'm sure they are making more money with Retro Planet than they ever did with Vintage Vending as the have alot less overhead. Nice people! Vintage Vending set the bar for the Restoration Companys to follow.

Curtis Kauffman
Memory Lane Restorations/   www.retrovending.com
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »

I guess they just felt like it. If he's worth millions he wouldn't have went bankrupt.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »

Check the public records but neither Keith nor Vintage Vending has ever filed Bankruptcy. He sold his company he owned before Vintage Vending for close to 100 million  now he did have a partner in that business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: