SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:40:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMERICAN RESTORATION  (Read 25717 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »

Sorry! But yeah I am , The producer may have said ratings are up lets try this and see how this works or the network may have pushed for it , Or the last one Rick may have done this on his own and the Producer said yes .

Or you all heard how TV adds 10 pound to that person maybe it was something like that   biggrin.

Now his work I will question all day long , I have quoted something he did and and it did not turn out good at all. so it is a wait and see
where we go from there.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

So the $$ is more important than your name or the product you return to the customeR?  Make excuses all day, but if you say sure let's do it  because the producer thinks it good TV, when does it stop? When you decide a can of primer over the rust is ok instead of sandblasting?

I guess it's a matter of integrity. If you are going to play along and bait and switch  for the camera, how can I trust you won't do it for the expensively  priced "restore" you're doing for me?

Argue it's only for TV, but it goes a lot deeper in my opinion.

ok, I'm getting off my soapbox, now, i need to send it to Pat to restore

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

Yeah that what I'm putting my money on that.  The  Producer tell him to jump and Rick ask how high and how much more will I get for it . oh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:58 pm »

I am guessing the producers are the real buyers of the RC 81, in fact they probably own most of the restored machines Rick has for sale.
      This would certainly not be a bad investment on their part.

Glen
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »

I have this sinking suspicion it is given to Rick as a wedding present from his crew

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:04 am »

A wedding present...now that might be a possibility. I know Tyler was in contact with me for over a month through text message and phone calls asking if I still had the machine. He said he was waiting for his money to come in so he could make payment so I'm sure it was from the producers of the show. I know it's only business and they are now the current caretakers of the machine but I'm sure they will sell it to some buyer that will overpay for it...just because it was restore by one of "the best" restores out there. I am keeping my eyes open for another one if the chance ever arises.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 08:29:06 am »

I am guessing the producers are the real buyers of the RC 81, in fact they probably own most of the restored machines Rick has for sale.
      This would certainly not be a bad investment on their part.
I would second that... when they bought the two VMC 27's from me last spring, it was the show producer from Leftfield Pictures who bought them from me and arranged to have them shipped to Ricks...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 11:47:40 am »

Tyler was emailing me during this whole transaction as well, asking me the value, and if felt this was a good deal and how many where made etc...

Now I see he has it pictured on his facebook page...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: