SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:19:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Chicago Coin Op Show  (Read 21919 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 08:42:39 pm »

Oscar...tell her there is a Mall 3 blocks west.... That convinced my wife! smile

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
tony73tt

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 02:16:07 pm »

2 people who are NEW to this from the U.K are going, we would appreciate any info on the show please, we are staying in Lombard and are making a bit of a vacation plus an "EXPERIENCE" journey. I already know "signguy" as he did my gas pump and 81 restoration for me.

any advice/help appreciated.....

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 10:34:48 pm »

hopefull Trying to see if I can swing it this year. hopefull

It looks like it will be a game-time decision.

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 01:16:28 am »

Tony, if you are ready for a coin-op experience you will definately like this show.
         But if you want killer deals, wait til the vendors are packing up at the end of the show or.... rely on the old E-bay or craigslist for local listings similar to these, but ones that are closer to you.
         Chicagoland is what inspired me to launch a career in restoring and selling this old stuff.
          This is a coin-op "Disney World". Hope you visit and like it as much as we do. 
          if you take pictures, maybe you could you post some of them here?  Most of us can't get to the show very often but we like updates. 
         And we're so glad you joined the group!   happydrinkers

Glen
tony73tt

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 02:47:21 am »

Thanks for the inspiration Moondawg, i am excited about this. The only problem is with waiting until the end for bargains etc, is that we would have to find a solution to store these items until Monday.
I have a shipping company that would collect from the show up until saturday, if i bought items on the sunday these wouldn't be able to be collected until monday, i suppose i may be able to rent a van.
Store them in the van until monday and deliver to the shippers in Chicago, what do you think?
As for the photos "No Problem" I have an excellent camera that i am taking with me, not the best photographer in the world though!!
I have been trying with great difficulty in getting on this forum, i have had a few login probs. But hey i am here now and thanks for the welcome.  biggrin
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 02:56:16 am »

I am sure there are several ways to store them until monday. I am sure there is a Chicago member that would probably let you keep them in their garage for a few days too.

I won't be at this show but I am moving home in January so I will be at the next show! hopefully with several machines Smiley
tony73tt

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 03:05:45 am »

Thanks loman4ec, i would never have thought of anything like that. I suppose maybe i should submit a post asking for any help/ideas, i have the 81 and a 110, would love a pepsi rountop and thats what i am after most. My friend who's also going wants a couple of machines also, plus whatever else catches our eye!!!
I have seen a video blog on "Youtube" of the show and it looks like i will want a container full of stuff biggrin
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 03:08:26 am »

Tony

do you have a container or just space... I am desperate for a Rockola Jigsaw and would rent some space from you if I could land one..

Dave
tony73tt

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 03:21:13 am »

Dave.
Hi there, long time no hear. The plan is to try and obtain some storage space, just until it can be collected on the Monday. I have bought a 39 that the shippers i am using are shipping as we speak.
The item you have requested if available is no problem, i would obviously need to contact you from the show. I plan to take my laptop etc, so either e-mail or phone you.
I think if someone wants to rent us some space until monday, then thats the way forward. You have my e-mail address, so drop me as much detail about it as you can. What things i need to check etc.  biggrin
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 05:49:10 am »

Welcome Tony:
I have a friend that comes to the show from Australia and he rents a storage space just across the road from the show. He comes to both shows. The first show he buys and stores his items in the storage unit across the road. then the second show he comes and buys and has a shipping container dropped at the show. Then he goes and takes the items from storage and puts in his shipping container and the items from the second show he purchased and ships it back to Australia. Long story short there is a storage faucility across the road from the show. Hope this helps you out.
Rod
Fun-Tronics  drinking

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: