SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 08:16:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cornelius slider  (Read 31987 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 06:50:34 am »

Here's a pepsi light I have laying around collecting dust.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 07:02:50 pm »

picked the machine up yesterday. Its cooling to 38 degrees. I dont know what brand I am going to restore it as. Rustoleum came out with a appliance spray paint that claims to give professional results and a hard finish so I am going to use that for the top part of the machine.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 01:48:55 pm »

Started taking the machine apart and ran into some bad rust so now its not even worth spending time giving it a nice paint job. Moondawg, I should have taken your advice and passed it up. Live and learn
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 07:43:53 pm »

Sodaworks,  I like that light are you wanting to get rid of it???  If so PM I would sure be interested..

aspbear
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »

ya he is selling it. I passed on it so go ahead.
TechnoHat

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 08:55:15 am »

Well, I went and picked up the two machines from signguy.  It looks like I need a rack for the one and I need two new coin mechs.  I'm looking for the newer coin mechs that take quarters, dimes and nickels. I'm actually going to be using it to vend product so that's why I need the newer ones. I'm going to set them up at church and use them to raise money for charity. I've attached a photo of the type of coin mech I'm looking for.  The one machine didn't have a coin mech and the other had the older style that only takes dimes and nickels.

If anybody has a rack or coin mechs they want to get rid of let me know either here or shoot me an email at cpepin1 at hotmail dot com. Thanks.

-Chris

TechnoHat

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:31 am »

Here are some pictures of the first of the two Cornelius Sliders I picked up via Signguy. (Thanks again Signguy!)

The 7-up machine pictured here is the one in nicer condition.  It still cools pretty good, though I have to set it up around 6.  The cap catcher sitting on top is the one from the rc machine.  As you can see it has a bottle rack as well as the coin mech.  The coin mech however only vends at 10 cents.  I need one of the newer coin mechs that takes quarters.  Anyways, I had to drill the lock out as there wasn't a key.  The power cord will need to be replaced as it is in very poor condition.  The seals on the lid will need to be replaced.  All of the spilt pop in the bottom has cleaned up pretty good, I'll post a picture of the cleaned up inside when I get a chance.  While poking around underneath next to the compressor, I found the fan motor that blows air across the radiator had siezed up, got really warm and the plastic fan partially melted and fell off, so I'll have to replace the fan and motor.   

Also, I have a quick question, when plugged in is the fan inside the cooler supposed to be running all the time?  I can hear the compressor kick in and kick off as needed, but the fan inside is always circulating air. 
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:58 am »

If you want to freshen up the inside, rustoleum has a new product called applaince epoxy. I am half way into repainting mine with it and its great stuff.
TechnoHat

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 09:57:16 am »

Here is the second machine I picked up. It's labeled RC and Diet Rite and appears to be an older machine. It's also in a lot worse shape. I haven't tested the compressor on it yet, as I'm busy getting the 7-up machine cleaned up.  This one didn't come with a coin mech or rack but instead has a metal rack that fits down inside as if it was used for an honor system instead of coin vending.  I tried fitting the silver bottle rack from the other machine in here but it didn't want to slide over to the right. It kept wanting to catch on the side wall for some reason.  It's almost like the bottle rack was just a smidge too big.

The metal rack sitting on top of the machine is from the 7-up machine.  Also, as you can see the lid is pretty rusty.  There's also a big rust spot bubbling up on the top of the lid on the outside. 

The inside is also blue instead of the tan the other machine has. It also has a solid metal cover that goes over the coil instead of the wire rack that is in the other machine. 

If you want to freshen up the inside, rustoleum has a new product called applaince epoxy. I am half way into repainting mine with it and its great stuff.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:11:05 am by TechnoHat » Logged
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 10:15:01 am »

For the bottom of the cooler I am going to spray in spray in bed liner to seal up any holes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: