SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 07:37:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cornelius slider  (Read 31986 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 12:21:09 am »

Thanks that was the first machine that I ever built. I later converted it into a kegerator after I restored my first upright (uss-64). That was in my apartment when I was at Embry-Riddle. My apartment was the local hangout for alot of people at the school. We held poker tournaments on a regular basis. That is why I wanted beer on tap. It worked good. The Keg sat outside the machine and the beer went into copper coils that I custom bent inside the cooler. It kept the beer really cold and since there was like 100 ft of tubing you could almost constantly serve cold beer and it wouldn't get warm. The only problem was  that keg beer is not pasteurized so once you tap the keg if the keg itself is not kept cold it will spoil in a few days. We never had to worry about that. I can't remember a time that we had left over beer the next morning. drinking happydrinkers
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 12:22:26 am »

Oh and it sold to a guy in Gainsville Fl for like $500. I couldn't believe it.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 02:34:58 pm »

what did the paint job cost?
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 08:40:59 pm »

Here's a Couple pictures of mine .I Like them !!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 08:45:14 pm »

I have had a couple of those and found them to be a very dependable small machine that does not take up much space.  I never did care much for the woodgrain but I will find another and steal from Loman's idea of repainting....

aspbear
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 06:59:32 am »

man yours is in mint condition
TechnoHat

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 09:43:33 pm »

I just picked up this sweet light for one of my Cornelius sliders at an antique store. The plexiglass is cracked in the lower right and there's a nice scratch in the middle of the blue paint.  I replaced the condenser and the lightbulb. All in all it looks pretty nice.  I might get a new piece of plexiglass made up and paint a new sign, but I'll hold off on deciding until after I get my two sliders from Signguy.   
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 03:45:03 am »

Take the original plexi sign to a vinyl sign shop and they will cut you a new piece of Plexiglas and they can use vinyl to make the new logo. Just tell them that it will be back lit so they will use translucent vinyl. Most places won't have a problem making a pepsi or coke sign as long as it is for personal use.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 09:21:55 pm »

Well I'm getting into this late but Those little cornelius are alright
little machines, If there done like what Josh did with the one's he had,
I really like the bud cooler.
What I would like to know  is what you did to the lid ?  It looks  padded?

Anyways  I think you are ready, But get what you want ,What ever make's
 you happy biggrin .

Pat
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 12:48:35 am »

Pat are you asking about the bud cooler lid? The lids on the cornelius machines are a type of foam that has a trim around the outside and a piece of sheet metal on top. The foam had expanded and the metal top was really rusty. So i pulled the metal top off and had a new piece of galvanized steel cut. I sanded the foam until it was flat again and I had the new metal top covered in red vinyl and had the Budweiser logo cut out of vinyl. I decided to cover the lid in vinyl because I had alot of parties and I knew that people would be putting all kinds of stuff on the top of the machine and I didn't want it to get scratched up. Vinyl is really durable and if it did get destroyed it would only cost about $30 to replace it and start with new.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: