SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 10:41:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to use search option  (Read 4905 times)
Curless Auto Repair
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:36 am »

I don't know if this has been discussed or not but here goes. The search option on this site is junk. I can't search anything, it just acts as if I have done nothing. I went to other sites and tried just to make sure its not my connection and they work great. It is very frustrating when trying to find out info and you get nothing, or it takes it three years and a day to respond. I am doing something wrong or do others have this issue also?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:03:13 pm »

You just have to know how to use it!
If you use the 'Search" box on the top right of the 'Discussion Areas' page, it will search through all forums.
If you use the 'Search" box at the top right of the 'General Chit Chat' forum, your search will be limited to that forum and it is the same for all other forums.
There is also an "Advance Search' option accessible through the 'Search' button (next to your 'Profile') in the maroonish colored title bar at the top of each page.
Also depends on how you work things, if you are searching for info on a V-63, try searching different keywords (ie.V-63 or V63 or Vendo 63). You can use a boolean type search also (ie. "V-63", "compressor") and all posts with the words V-63 and compressor in it will be returned.
It took me a little bit to figure it out too, but once you get it - it's great!.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:08:37 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
4allofyou
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:19:11 pm »

The only problem I'm aving is when I at the end of a discussion subject and I use the back button from IE explorer. I have to start this site again

Is there another way to go to another subject once you are at the end of discussion subject

Thanks
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 07:30:34 pm »

I'm not sure I truly understand, but does the links, "previous" and "next", in the lower right corner help...? These will take to to the previous or next topic the the forum.

You could also use the "Breadcrumb" Trail located at the top; it has links that can take you to the current forum page listing and then you could look for a new topic to read...  The breadcrumb links look like:

SMC Discussion Areas > The Coin Return > Soda-Machines.Com News (Moderator: Jim) > Trying to use search option

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: