SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 05:41:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 26  (Read 9070 times)
jackjosh

« on: March 19, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

Hello from Virginia.  I just purchased this Jacobs 26 and it appears to be in good shape; I use appears because this is my first purchase of a vintage machine.  The locks and cap catcher are missing, but I have those on order.  I was thinking of trying to restore this myself, but I don't want to end up with it worse than it was when I started.  Anyway, I think I will give it a shot and have really found this forum very useful. I have posted some "as is" pictures below, in case someone sees something that I can't see that may be wrong with or missing from the machine.  Any comments/advice about restoring or how much a machine like this is worth, would greatly be appreciated.  Thank you very much.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:11:34 am »

Looks like it is in really nice shape.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:06:27 pm »

Was that the machine down in the Stafford/F-Burg area?  I'm up in Falls Church, and saw that one, seemed like a decent deal at the time.  I don't know much about the Jacobs machines, so I'll leave that up to the more educated crowd.

jackjosh

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:40:45 pm »

It was the one in the Fredericksburg/Stafford area.  I was able to get it for 300.00 less than the asking price.  I just now, after having it in the garage for 2 1/2 weeks, plugged it in.  It cooled and even the drum turned after I inserted a nickel and turned the handle.  I think I may get by with just rewiring with a new harness/plug and a little elbow grease and maybe some rustproofing and paint.  I have a restoration manual on order so I'll take a look at that when it arrives.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:39 am »

Would you mind me asking how much you ended up paying for the machine?
Thanks in advance
AND WELCOME! (I assure you that will NOT be your last machine lol)

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
jackjosh

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:02:43 am »

I paid 700.00 for it; so not sure if it was a good deal or not.  I like the machine, so I guess that counts.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 02:25:11 pm »

I'd say 700 was a good deal on a complete Jacobs 26.. I sold one last year for 1400 in real nice shape... kinda wished I'd kept it.. but can't keep em all..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 03:13:44 pm »

jackjosh... thanks! Looks like a REALLY good deal!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
jedarke

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:51 pm »

Jackjosh.  I just bought one not too far from Atlanta for $1,200 complete.  I'd say you did real well!  Congrats.

V-63
V-39
C-55
VMC 56 Faygo Transitional
V-81B
V-44
jackjosh

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:25:16 am »

I am almost done with my amateur restore of the Jacobs 26.  I really used this website to figure out what I was actually doing with the machine.  You guys are a wealth of knowledge.  I thought I would post a few pictures of where I am with the project. I am trying to improve the value of the machine, but don't think I am going to sell.  I am addicted to this stuff now.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: