SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:01:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a Large Coin Door for a Vendo 81 / VMC 81  (Read 17476 times)
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:16 am »

Trying to find a large coin door for a vendo or vmc 81.  Anyone have a spare laying around that they'd be willing to sell?  help
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:47:31 pm by 66GTO » Logged
CSMC

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:57:00 am »

PM Sent, I have several options for you.
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:32 am »

Still looking ... hoping to find one that does'nt need modifications/major repair....
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:10 am »

They are getting harder to find...the last one I sold for crazy money and shipped it overseas. Good luck in your search!

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »

Seems like there are at least two things that should be reproduced based on demand/shortages.  The large coin door, and the VMC version coin entry bezel.... I know the Vendo bezels are easy to find, but not the VMCs.

Any entrepreneurs out there....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »

Youd think the Large door woud not be that hard to duplicate.. not that I konw how to do it but seeing that you can buy a Repro Vendo 44 door.. you'd think the same process can be done to remake a Large door for a Vendo/VMC 81.

but also on the other hand,,, how many repro parts do we want out there... it could overall hurt the value of original machines down the road.

look at the collector car market... certain cars you can completely build out of a kit nowdays... Shelby Cobra, Corvette, etc...

so I see it both ways.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
CSMC

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

what do you think people would pay for both of those parts?  neither is easy to make - that's why it hasn't been done yet I'd say. 
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:13:56 am »

Lots of tooling and die charges in making the coin door. Those nice rounded corners do not get there by hammering a flat piece of metal on a round metal ball. I know a guy that did reproduce some of the VMC bezels. I looked at them and debated on selling them, but the casting was just too crude. It's like making the Vendo 44 bezel. Lots of people tried to have it casted. I even had several people cast it. They all would come back to crude. I reproduced the Vendo 44 bezel by having a 3d program created and then have them CMC'd out of a solid block of aluminum. All this was very expensive and made the bezels expensive. That is why if you look on my web sight they are priced very high. I have only sold a few. Not really worth all the money I had to put forth to get a finished product that nobody wants to pay a high price for. Everyone wants a part made but then wants to complain about the high price and not buy it. This is why I do not invest in making a lot of new expensive parts. Just not worth the investment on the return.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:31:55 pm by johnieG » Logged

Rod
Fun-Tronics
CSMC

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 09:32:38 am »

I would agree with Funtronics, everyone "wants" a nice rust free, dent free door to restore their machine with.  But are they willing to pay for it??   For those of you needing a large coin door- what would you pay for a door that was ready for primer and paint?  Moondawg's suggestion is an option - but that is very labor/time intensive (= $$$$) as well.   It's just a tough, expensive part - and that is why no one has made it.   
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 06:57:09 pm »

I picked up large coin door off a member here early last year, I thought it was reasonable priced a few hundred dollars. I needed it for when I start my restoration on my 81 and just wanted it when I got the time.
Good luck in finding one
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: