SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 06:13:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing coin mech from Cavalier 51  (Read 4000 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« on: October 06, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to completely remove the coin mech from Cavalier 51. Except for a few parts, the Cavalier is a donor machine and I have nice original Vendo 39 that is waiting for a coin mechanism.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the cotter/split pin out that seems to hold the crank handle on? I've searched the forum and can't find anything on it. I've gotten it about halfway out by taping on the bottom of the pin and forcing it upwards. That got it as far as even-with-the-crank-handle and now I can't seem to advance it any further. Stuck!

I've tried rotating the crank handle so the the bottom of that pin is positioned at the top, and tried pounding it through or pulling it with a needle nose... not!

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:26:49 pm »

A hook tool or some baling wire through it and give it a good pull.

Glen
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

Will try that! Things on the "buy" list for tomorrow- Smaller punch (all of mine are bigger farm-size),  and a hook tool.

Bailing wire I have... out to the barn.   smile
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »

The wire helped coax it a bit more... I heated it a tiny bit too... Ended up breaking the pin but it's out!  This was a bad one- really really tight and gummed up. Someone had converted this poor C51 to a "smoker!" I wonder what they were smoking???  laugh Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: