SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 09:12:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help with this coin mech  (Read 4713 times)
shroom4u

Another Newbie!!

« on: April 12, 2011, 07:45:24 am »

The issue is that it always rejects dimes.  Coin mech is set to vend at ten cents.  When two nickels are inserted, machine will vend, when a quarter is inserted, machine will vend, but only give two nickels for change.  When not plugged in, the dime will go out the same side as nickels and quarters, which would be the coin collector side, but when it is plugged in, the dimes always get rejected.  The spring arm is missing from middle switch, and I am wondering if this is causing the issue.  I believe it is a coinco 9800, but I have included pictures.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. *UPDATE* - just ordered new mech off ebay - if anyone is interested in getting this from me for parts or to repair themselves, please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:49:48 am by shroom4u » Logged
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:53:34 pm »

Not sure if it will help, but on my 7up machine I have to have the change tubes filled up half to three quarters full before it will vend or catch dimes.  There are others who can tell you more about the coin mechs, I just know that works on mine.

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
shroom4u

Another Newbie!!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:44 pm »

Red, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, the nickel tubes are completely full.  I have a new one on the way, should be here next tuesday.  thanks again though.
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

Cool, hope that it works out for you.

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:42:23 pm »

Johnie G is the expert on that type of coin mech.  Welcome aboard!

drinking Tim drinking
shroom4u

Another Newbie!!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 06:48:24 pm »

I was looking around and found that Johnie G was the man for this, but was afraid to pm him about it.  I will not send someone a pm without them first asking to do this.  I have bought a new one from ebay, now just trying to find someone in need of one for parts or repair to get rid of my old one.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:59:54 pm »

No problem insofar as sending me a PM, that's what it's there for, this looks like what they called ( by Coinco) a 9800-"conversion", it's a metal bodied mech with brass nickels tubes & quite frankly a pain in the a$$ to work on, you're better off with a late model S75/9800 A or B model...Unless you need this type of mech for a nostalgic restoration of the machine. ( they can be repaired)...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: