SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 10:08:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another 81 will live on for Years to come, recent restoration  (Read 6606 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:45:34 am »

John,
I read that you ran into a small glitch with the 'backing plate' on the coin mech. What are you referring to?
What I thought about these SD/LD mechs and see is it is a 44 mech and the coin chute is too tall - is that what you are talking about? Did the bezel hit the duckbill chute and prevent the coin door from closing?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mdunn

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »

Very nice conversion, nice to see it back as stock.

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:09 pm »

Top notch!!!

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 08:38:01 am »

John,
I read that you ran into a small glitch with the 'backing plate' on the coin mech. What are you referring to?
What I thought about these SD/LD mechs and see is it is a 44 mech and the coin chute is too tall - is that what you are talking about? Did the bezel hit the duckbill chute and prevent the coin door from closing?
the mech is the one that came with it, and I didn't spend time resourcing a Change giver mech so went with this one.. The small glitch was not the duckbill chute, that actually still fit fine, it was the backing plate that mounts onto the coin mech did not have the beveled edge on the left side (facing) so the coin door would not close, I didn't realize there where two or three different style backing plates and had to order one up from Janet and Rod at FUNTRONICS (plug) they hooked me up with the correct one and just had to get it painted, so that delayed me by a week on the resto.. not big deal and machine is in transit to the new owner as we speak today!

On to another 81 B and a Vendo 39, as well as 3 gas pumps I'm restoring right now.. and oh not to mention a stoner JR that is the paint shop, and a Dole Jr Fountain dispenser... that's about it...  Oo

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:41 pm »

John,

After reading your last post and seeing the link to your website, I had to go and check out your upcoming projects.  Your site is great.  As a novice trying to gleam as much as I can, I found the description of your restoration process very interesting and educational.  And the pics I found to be very druel inducing.  tounge I love seeing these machines brought back to life.  Thanks!

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: