SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:44:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for how often to run a restored Jacobs 56 soda machine  (Read 4076 times)
keng
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:05:33 am »

I have a restored Pepsi-Cola Jacobs 56 soda machine that i do not run very often, about twice a year for a few days each time.  I am concerned that the refrigeration system will not be maintained properly by running the machine sporadically but do not fill or use the machine as i use a restored Vendo 81 running full time for this purpose.  What is the recommended approach or experience?  Should the machine be run more often or can it be run 1-2 times per year to keep it mechanically healthy?

Thanks for all of your thoughts in advance.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »

I'm not sure I can help you with the running of the re-fridgeration...
I have a V-39 that I turn on now and again.

Perhaps you could do me a big favour... I have a Jaocbs 50. It has been re-painted and
I want to put the decals back. I need to know what was written above the bottle door, coin return,
bottle opener/cap catcher and coin shute.... The writing had worn off on mine. Looking at Jeff Walters book the 56 & 50 look like they have the same decals...

Thanks

Dave
keng
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 04:21:16 pm »

My machine has a decal above the coin chute that states: .10, Use nickel dime or quarter, change returned below.  Is this the decal you are looking for. I have attached some pictures.
keng
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:23:32 pm »

Also, on the RetroPlantet.com site, they have a picture of a Jacobs 56 machine restored and it does not have anything else on the front either, and nothing at the dispenser or bottle top catcher door area.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:00 pm »

Once or twice a year should be fine,  just to keep the moisture out of the controls and any bearings in the fan motors from drying out. Really once a sealed unit is sealed and there aren't leaks in refrigeration system, it does not need to be ran every so often.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:30:47 pm »

I would run it a couple times a year.
I gave a LaCrosse machine to a buddy of mine.  It sat unused outside of my parents place for 15+ years and when he got it he plugged it in and it fired right up and got ice cold!  drinking

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
keng
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:12:25 am »

Thanks for everyone's thoughts--a few times a year sounds fine and seems to make sense.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: