SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 06:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next V80 troubleshooting step...  (Read 6149 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

OK - here's what I know after another round of testing. 

I still have no lights (sold out or exact change) on the V-80 after a single vend cycle during initial testing.

1) I have line voltage to pins 1-2 on the Jones socket on the V80 (verified with my DVM)
2) If I jump 1+3 on the Jones socket, I hear a click from the vend relay immediately below the Jones socket but nothing else.
3) When I plug my known-good Coinco mech into the Jones socket on the V80, I get nothing.  Usually I will get a click as the CREM is energized.
4) Plugging the mech from the V80 into my CS-96 I get the familiar click of the CREM and the "exact change" light will light on the CS-96.

So...any thoughts?   It sounds like I'm not getting power to the CREM, but I'm not sure which direction to go.  Looking at the vend-cycle diagram, I'm thinking maybe I need to find the vend motor Cam switch and see if that is functioning correctly.  I don't see a physical location for this switch in the manual - can someone point me toward it, or provide additional suggestions?

Thanks!
Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »

I got it!     happydrinkers

I located the cam switch and pressed it with a long screwdriver.  The vend motor moved about 1 chain link and everything lit back up!   I ran it through another vend cycle and it stopped again - so again with the long screwdriver it moved another link or so and everything came back on.   After that - I ran it completely through an entire series of cycles (moved the rollers from left to right and back) and it is now working fine without any assistance!   I lubed up all the rollers and the chain and as I ran it through more cycles it got much smoother with the rollers and the movement.

So now I can work more on cleaning and polishing tomorrow and it should be ready to bring into the house to take it's place alongside my Cav CS-96e !

Woo-hoooooo!!!!!

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »

Nice work!  Good to know it was just a little gummed up and there was no bigger problem

Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:53 pm »

Nice job Jim...you're far from a newbie now! Way to go!

Nice to know members on here like Mondawg reach out to help fellow members with their questions!

Awesome hobby!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 08:44:54 am »

Thanks Bob,  I think I'm still a newbie to this hobby but my collection is growing on a weekly basis it seems.   I love the elegant simplicity of these things. 

Everything is switches and motors, no ICs or optics.   (and I'm an IT Director)

...and yes, BIG thanks to Moondawg for his help.    happydrinkers   

You guys are the best!

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: