SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 11:31:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V-92b  (Read 3548 times)
alebowgm
« on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:49 pm »

Greetings all,

While I figure out the details for the Cavalier 55D that is in the other thread, I wanted to get one's opinion on another machine that got listed in my local area earlier today, as it is causing me a bit of a dillema on what way to go now. The lister has told me that the unit is a Vendo V-92b and from what I can gather that basically means it is actually a Vendo V-92-1. I have attached the two photos that accompanied the machine, and the listing states the following...

"Vending machine stays cold. New power cord. Needs some work to make it vend. Comes with original key, original paint, serial # on the side."

After getting a few emails I found out the following information

The vending machine turns on, gets cold, has the change box, original bottle holder for empties (on the outside) but does not vend. It may need a new relay switch but there is also a plug in attachment that seems to go nowhere and could have to do with vending or the change mechanism. The serial # on it is 0075647 and the model # is V92B. It was used in Canada and the original company that sold the machine for the Vendo Co. was the Grandale Co. 35 Jenkins St. Toronto.

and

At the moment it does not vend so of you have anything in it you would have to open the door.

So I guess my question overall is what route is the best to go? Am I best going with the Cavalier and spending money to referb the work on the outside, or should I go with this unit that looks like it may be in better physical condition in appearance but needs a new mechanism (and how much will that run me, and where can I get it from)?

I feel like such a noobie...
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »

See we warned you  smile

I would Personaly not get the Vendo . It also only vends 1 product !  It's harder to find parts for !Because there just not that comon Or wanted .The C-55-D & E models show up more often & Do not take up that much room & are lighter .So really it's abought what YOU want. The resale is also much better on the 55s .But It's just my 2 cents .Since I own both of the Cavalier Model 55-D Single Select & 55-E Double select .

Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print