SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:19:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 64, later model  (Read 2743 times)
« on: April 13, 2003, 05:09:40 pm »

I'm looking at a few Cavalier 64 machines, both are probably from the '70s, with the red/black color scheme and the word Coke on the front signage.  These are can/bottle machines, and you see them still in use today in smaller (mom and pop) locations, albeit mostly with canned  (ugh) soda.  

Just curious what one of these in "good" condition would be worth.  I'm not looking for a $3,000 Vendo, just something to keep in the house with my bottled sodas and beer.  

BTW, one person is asking $500 for his, and I have no idea if that's fair or not.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 07:32:13 am »

Hello and welcome Spinbackle! well in my option that seems a little high, unless it's in mint (and I mean Prime) condition, but it's up to you, maybe it's just me but seems that like everybody who has any machine with "Coke" on it seems to think they have "Rare" machine... I know the prices on the "square-corners" keeps appreciating, but geez it's not like they're a  fifties Vendo 56, there are still good machines to be had out there, at resonable prices I just bumped into a MINT Lacrosse 90 RC-Cola lightup, with a bottle holder-rack also MINT, never been outside, squeaky clean, the guy wants $250, and would throw in an earlier Lacrosse Pepsi, ('50's) for $300 both. so keep looking! It's up to you, if you like it Go for it!  just don't get looped by a nice looking machine that doesn't work....hope it helps....(PS and no, I ain't telling where I found the RC  ':p' )

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: