SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 02:47:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mech not working  (Read 3744 times)
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:49:10 pm »

I have a DN 501CC that I just loaded with cans.  Was checking the machine to see if it would vend.  First and second buttons would not vend.  3, 4, 5 and 6 would vend (using dollar bills)  The machine at no time would take coins.  They would drop right through.  The dollar mech was working fine and then stopped taking bills altogether.  Now the machine will not vend as it will not take any money.

There seems to be a number of problems with this machine.  It is a circa 1987 Dixie Narco with a lighted front.  I have only had this machine for about a week.

Before I loaded the machine all the slot empty lights were lit except for the 5th button.  After loading the machine all the slot empty lights are out.

I place ten coins in each coin slot.  The machine is priced at $.80 and gives back two dimes when using bills.  I really want to get this thing working but being new to the vending world...I just found the dip switches to set the price.

Where do I start and what is wrong.  Why wouldn't the machine vend out of the first two buttons?  This is a 7 selection with 8 columns.  Column 1 & 2 are for button 1 where the last column is number 3 for button 2 and so on.

I didn't have a chance to find out if the last button would vend because the machine stopped taking dollar bills.

One last thing.  Upon locating the switches to set teh price I noticed that there was a red light on to the left of the switches and now that light is out.  Does this mean anything?

Thanks for any help.
musicbizzy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:48:58 pm »

I also am having this problem with the machine only accepting dollar bills. I do have the Diet Coke vacant and the light is lit.

Is this what is causing no coin acceptance or is there another problem.

Every time I open the door and fiddle with the machine it will take coins a couple of times.

Then the use exact change light goes out and it will only accept dollars.

Help,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: