SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:36:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Vari-Price 50 Coin Mech  (Read 4609 times)
ptolemy

« on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:41 pm »

Working on my first machine (USS-8-64) and I've discovered my Vari-Price 50 Coin Mech does not appear to be working.  With assistance from Tkaz I managed to reassemble the ratchet dog assembly to prevent the cradles from turning unless activated by the solenoid.  I've tested the solenoid by shorting pins 1 & 3 and confirmed it is working properly.  I'd now like to get the coin mech working.

I popped off the slug rejector and inspected it for any obvious damage, blew it out with air and snapped it back in.  I partially filled the nickel and dime tubes and engaged the switch to ensure nickels and dimes were dispensed.

I removed the back cover of the coin mech and printed on the inside of the cover was the instructions on how to change the price.  Interestingly the coin mech was configured for 50 cents versus the 25 cents shown on the instruction plate.

I powered everything up and initially tried to insert 50 cents but the coin mech did not energize the solenoid.  the quarters simply passed through the coin mech and dropped into the coin box area.

I then changed the price via the instructions and tried again.  no dice - no vend.

One thing i did notice is that only after filling the nickel and dime tubes the coin mech gives off a buzzing noise.  if i pull the slug rejector forward ever so slightly this buzzing stops.

The buzzing sounds almost like a relay is stuck open.

I will probably just get a CoinCo S75-9800 and not worry about this but figured i would post my troubles in hopes someone might have some thoughts.

thanks.

mike

Cavalier USS-8-64
Williams Slugfest
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
Donkey Kong
Centipede
BurgerTime
Police Trainer
Seeburg M100C
Kubota L3940 with forks (to get all this stuff off my truck!)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »

I will probably just get a CoinCo S75-9800 and not worry about this...............

Yes, we advise the same thing.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: