SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:17:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LaCrosse coindoor decal set  (Read 3044 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« on: January 27, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »

Well I finally finished up my full set of replacement decal sets for the LaCrosse 56/64 series with the external coindoor.  (the colored price & panel insets)

the pictures are of a coindoor I did for Pat Pixleys 50's LaCrosse 64 Pepsi lightup machine.

they are made of durable outdoor rated die-cut vinyl in the correct light Pesi blue & gray, mounted to a thin plastic backer that will attaches with contact cement.

to install the new insets you must first remove the old aluminum panel insets & any old original contact cement or loose flaking paint, & the coinbezel & trim bar below it must be remove as well as the bottle opener bezel. to attach the new insets you will apply contact cement to both the coindoor & the back of the decal panels, allow it to firm up before applying the new panels. be carfull not to use to much around the edges as it can ooze out onto the decals' face & the cement-solvents may damage it.

I started with the coin bezel small side panels & 10-cent price inset, then I put the top " be sure bottle is visible.." in place, temporarlly set  the coinbezel back in place to act as a spacer for the lower "Insert proper coin..." instruction inset, the working from the bottom, finally the big gray field inset that fills in the lower portion of the coindoor & opener area.

I then routed out the openings for the lock & bottle opener. I used my cordless drill & a rasp drill (roto-zip) using the holes below as a guide, ( and the holes for the trim piece that goes between the lower instructions & the gray field.

The total time to complete the coindoor was about an hour. (sorry for the low-resolution pictures, but the site wouldn't allow any bigger than 100kb per-pic'

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:35:45 pm »

Ok boy's & girls I'm going to tell you that these vinyl decal are the cat's meow
I did buty yhe machine from John so the coin door is mine know but I got one
more Lacrosse Pepsi machine  and this coinn door looks better than the original
 so if you have a Lacrosse that you plan on doing up some time in the future
 I would be contacting Johnie G about these Vinyl decals .  biggrin biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: