SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 09:31:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need ideas/votes for decals to put on Atlas Model 5  (Read 5023 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:31 pm »

I know this comes down to personal preference, but I wanted to get people's opinion on some ideas I have for decals on my Atlas slider.  In a previous thread (http://tinyurl.com/bj54r27), I described what was originally on the unit.  It was the oval logo with "drink Dr. Pepper" as the text (roughly 25.5"W x 8.5"L).  The logo I have pictured below (mine was a decal, not a sign) is similar to what was on the unit except the the decal on my unit had the colors inverted (red text, white oval, red fill, white border). The same decal was on the side door (13.5"W x 4.5"L).

So, I could go original decals for the unit or with a few other ideas.  The second is some ideas I got from Eric on the boards.  It's the same "drink Dr. Pepper" logo that was on the unit, except with the more common colors (like pictured above).  On the side would be a bottle cap/DP clock decal similar to what collecture used is his DP-theme Select-o-Matic (http://tinyurl.com/appsom5).

Next, is a little more permanent idea.  As mentioned, the original logo on the front was 25.5"W x 8.5"L.  I have an original porcelain DP sign (pictured below) that is very similar dimensions (24"W x 9.25"L).  I thought I could put this on the front but that would obviously involve drilling and riveting so there's no turning back.  Similarly, I thought I could get a porcelain clock for the side door and rivet that in (picture from google pasted below).

Lastly, I could do a different set of decals or a combination of the above ideas.

What are the your thoughts?  Any ideas are welcome. This is only my second restoration and most of you have done many more.  The last picture I attached is just the bare shell which I got back from paint last week.  I can't wait to get it finished, though, as another member mentioned the cap catcher may look better black even though it was originally green. I'm going back and forth on that.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:19:01 pm by brasskey » Logged
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

This one would look good

brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:11 pm »

This one would look good

I do like the look of that decal. I also see the porcelain signs frequently, too.  Ahh! Too many choices.  Thanks Pat!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:27 am »

I would like to use this Old School Dr. Pepper logo sometime on somthing .. i think it looks great...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 10:53:42 pm »

I would like to use this Old School Dr. Pepper logo sometime on somthing .. i think it looks great...

That would look sharp.  That was on older machines (40s-50s), correct?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:51 am »

I'm assuming.. I don't know the date of it.. was always thinkg it would look good though on an 81.. but not period correct by any means...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:03 am »

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Dr_Pepper

The  old school logo was in use until the mid 50's,

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:42:52 pm »

I like P  pixleys decal

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:20 pm »

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Dr_Pepper

The  old school logo was in use until the mid 50's,

That's a great link.  Thanks for the info. Very cool to see the different logos and the time periods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: