SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 04:49:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr Pepper machine- what to do with it ?  (Read 5579 times)
TNBandit

« on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:28 am »

I just picked this up pretty cheap and looking it over I think I'm WAY over my head as far as any chance of ever getting it working. No coin mech, refrigeration stuff looks like it's most likely all junk. Sat outside for many years. Missing stuff. This is my very first machine and I like it and plan to keep it. Just not sure whether to make an attempt to locate the parts that are missing or ruined or turn it into a unique gun cabinet. I would at least want to somehow put a proper handle on it so it looks complete. What say the experts ?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:05 am »

Welcome TNBandit!
Boy - your compressor does look like Mother Nature has had her way with it, but all may not be lost. Are the lines corroded through?
As far as the parts, it looks like you have most of it. I have some misc. parts laying around like coin door instructional plates (which it appears you are missing, but can't quite tell) and a coin box, etc. Looks like you have the cap catcher. If you find a Vendo 39 coin mech (or C-51, V-81A/B), then I can convert any small door mech into a SelectiVend mech. The only thing different is the shaft and I can have that copied.
It all depends on how much time, effort and $$ you want to put into it.
Good Luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
TNBandit

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:56 am »

Thanks !  Is there a process I should follow to see how bad the cooling system is ? Attempt to put power to any of it ? The plug is cut off. I do know a bit about charging automotive A/C so should I see if the system holds pressure or anything like that ? There are a couple of loose tin boxes thrown inside the bottom of the machine. I will post a pic and maybe someone can tell me if one is the coin box. The top plate where you deposit the coins is missing. If you have that shoot me a price. The 2 plates near the bottom of the door are present but all the red paint is gone. Is there an easy way to restore those ? Sorry about all the questions but I am totally clueless about these things.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:42 am »

I think your machine will live on. 
      If you aquire a coin mech, you will be able to install the handle the way you wanted.   
     Take the box off the front of the compressor and put power to the 2 terminals inside. If the coils in the machine get cold, you have a good compressor..

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:36 am »

Welcome to the forum!  I think I saw that machine recently in some of my NC searches...wasn't there another machine along with it, did you get that one too?

If you can open the front coin door and snap a photo, I'm sure the experts here could help you figure out what else is missing on the coin mech.

TNBandit

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:20 am »

Welcome to the forum!  I think I saw that machine recently in some of my NC searches...wasn't there another machine along with it, did you get that one too?

If you can open the front coin door and snap a photo, I'm sure the experts here could help you figure out what else is missing on the coin mech.
I got it along with a completely gutted Westinghouse Coke cooler that someone was making a trailer out of to tow behind his streetrod. Found them on the tri-cities TN craigslist and they were located in North East TN but he may have had them advertised in NC as well. I am only an hour from the border. I will take a pic of what's behind the door but it's pretty bare. There is nothing left.
TNBandit

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »

OK more pics. The front with the coin door open, the backside of the coin door & the 2 tin boxes I found thrown inside. As you can see one of the boxes has a lock on it. I'm guessing 1 for coins & 1 for bottle caps ? Obviously I will need locks for it as well. Sources ? Thanks all. This place is great !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:10:51 pm by TNBandit » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:05:41 pm »

I have everything I think you are missing except the coin mech & lock strike (which I may have, but I did not see it in the box with this other stuff).
If you look in the Photo Gallery/Collections under my user name, you can see my S-48 pictures - it is complete.
My coin box is locked to the mounting bracket - someone just pried yours off.
As stated, find any small door mech and I can convert it to a SV mech.

The bracket on the bottom left you have - it mounts to the back of the main door. I just included it in the photo.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
TNBandit

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »

I have everything I think you are missing except the coin mech & lock strike (which I may have, but I did not see it in the box with this other stuff).
If you look in the Photo Gallery/Collections under my user name, you can see my S-48 pictures - it is complete.
My coin box is locked to the mounting bracket - someone just pried yours off.
As stated, find any small door mech and I can convert it to a SV mech.

The bracket on the bottom left you have - it mounts to the back of the main door. I just included it in the photo.
Awsome stuff Tom. PM sent
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »

You never know about the refridgeration I always plug older machines into a drop coard and stand back 25 feet when I plug in the other end

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest