SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 10:54:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good pics of an 81D cooling unit?  (Read 8610 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:26 pm »

No I don't think that would cause it.. someone tried to get in there for some reasonand it was bent somehow.. ou sure the bolts are not rusty and brittle? again, should be an easy fix, just take your time and go slow with it

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 08:01:27 pm »

Well we got the compressor back to vertical and redid the wiring to see if it would cool.  Bad news on that front.  Thermal overload tripped almost immediately.  Replaced the overload and it still tripped.  Looks like its toast.  My guess is it is siezed up from running at such an extreme angle.  So now I am trying to decide what to do with it for the long term.  Have it reworked, buy new, or find a donor.  I like the idea of keeping an original compressor in it so I will finish out the machine and keep my eyes out for a parts machine I can steal a cooling unit from.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll be talking to Eric.  He's doing some chrome for me now so we will be talking soon anyway.  Are there any other machines besides the 81, 56, and 80 that use the same cooling assembly?  Especially one that might be considered less desireable to the masses?

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: