SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:30:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 80 - Whats the Demand for parts  (Read 4004 times)
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« on: March 27, 2013, 08:40:45 am »

I have a access to a Vendo 80 and I'm trying to piecemeal into a 81D.

the cabinet, liner, and hinges I am going to keep.  How much can i get for the main door and coin door and other parts from the 80? how in demand are those parts?

Thank You
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:06:50 am »

In my opinion I really don't think you are going to get much demand for V-80 parts, especially those that are not used to convert to an 81. 

I really like my '80, but I bought the whole thing complete and working for $400.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:39 am »

Same here... bought my entire working 80 last year for 200.
I think by the time you pc. together a 81, you'll have spent so much time and $$, that you would be better off searching for a complete 81,  and then it's really a 81.

Just my 2 cents (even though we scraped the penny last month lol)

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:37 am »

I think by the time you pc. together a 81, you'll have spent so much time and $$, that you would be better off searching for a complete 81,  and then it's really a 81.

you know, Im starting to think you are correct. Its just, a very cool guy here on the forum got me a 81D vin plate and I just got the large coin door off clist (vendo 110), so I figured id move in that direction.
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 10:40:22 am »

then it's really a 81.

What's the difference?  What if he found an original 81 that the cabinet was rusted beyond repair on and he used an 80 cabinet?  Does that not still make it an 81?  When restored, the cabinet should be stripped to bare metal then painted.  Who would ever know the difference but you?

I like my stuff to be original as well.  But I still would not raise concern about a different cabinet being used.  As long as the embossing has not been fabricated I don't see any issue.

If a RC 81 door popped up would you not buy it because the rest of the machine is missing?

BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:30:07 am »

Marvin... true enough.... I just look at it from a car guys point of view, where I like all numbers to match... but I suppose you're right in this case where a cabinet is just a cabinet etc...

Ezra, as for getting the 81 Id tag, then trying for the machine.... that's kind of like getting the ashtray for a 64 mustang, then trying to get the rest of the parts to build the car.  I wish you nothing but luck, but it's a hard task with searching, travel, transport, shipping etc..

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 11:37:29 am »

well then what am I going to do with the awesome 81D large coin door with face grommet............time to barter and trade.
anyone got a 81d for it with some of my cash  biggrin
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 12:54:48 pm »

I say hang on to it and see what comes along.  It may take a week, may take 2 years.  Unless you need the cash for something else, I would wait and see.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

correct me if im wrong, but I think the coin door large can bring 250-350 for a nice one.  mine is complete with some surface rust, and 150bucks for the faceplate.......
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 05:05:17 pm »

Ezra, you should listen to Bonovox and just look for a complete 81 AND SELL ME YOUR 80 CABINET  tounge in all honesty though you will spend more time and money doing it this way, that's my personal experience anyways, it may have worked out for others but its always cost me double trying to peace together a machine, after much time and money i've learnt to spend a lil more inationally to buy a complete machine, I still buy the odd incomplete machine if the deal is to good to pass up but i try hard not to, apperently i'm a slow learner  tounge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: