SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 01:10:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Door coin mech question  (Read 3036 times)
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« on: August 04, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »

Hey everyone still hard at work on this restoration. It isn't pretty enough for pics yet! In the meantime I was playing with my coin mech, and it doesn't seem to work. You will see in one of the pics where the coin is stuck. Even when i rotate the crank handle nothing happens. There is also some metal bar that floats loosely I can see on the side. I dont know if this is normal! I did make sure it was a 5c mech as well! (I bought this from signguy, and he told me!!) Does everything look right on the rejector? I know nothing about these coin mechs so please be as detailed as possible in your replies! If this is junk than any info on another rejector or repair person would be great! Thanks!

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:05:48 pm »

Your slug rejector is not snapped in all the way.
Your third picture shows the 2 spring tabs (rusty looking) that hold the rejector in
the proper place so that the coins will line up with the slots below.
       That nickel may hamper you from moving the rejector in or out unless you
lift it slightly at the same time.

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:01 am »

Also, the bottom spring clip is adjustable - clip the rejector in place, loosen the 6-32 screw and slide the spring clip in or out until it lines up with the slots in the coin block.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:14:54 pm »

Thank you guys very much for your replies. I looked at it for a minute and figured out what you were saying. At first it didn't work for a real simple reason (when the door is off, make sure it is standing straight up before you drop a coin!). Thanks again for the help. I wouldn't have been able to figure it out otherwise. I am coin mech dumb!!! I should have  some pics of the cabinet shortly. Cheers!!

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: