SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 04:08:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse junior  (Read 4065 times)
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« on: July 13, 2004, 09:14:25 pm »

I recently got screwed in a Ebay auction. The Westinghouse Junior arrived with the front caved in and no mention of that in the description. Negative feedback given to the jackass!Anyway, I will still metal work the cooler but I was wondering if anyone has removed the liner before. Mine is laying on the bottom with the support removed. Anyone have any pics of the underside or first hand knowledge of how to secure the liner?

Missouri
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 07:45:43 am »

I can't eaxctly remember, but I remember I removed the gasket material because a few of the screws penetrated the lip of the liner and aided in holding it in place...
Once the bottom braces are removed, carefully remove the fiberboard insulation on the bottom, then remove the side panels of fiberboard, then it's just a matter of lifting the liner out and sliding it sideways for complete removal.
As you'll see, it's a little tight so remember this once everything is repainted and reassembly begins. I protected edges with cardboard for protection during this stage...
I don't have pictures at my fingertips, but I'll look for something...

My six cents,

Jim

drfting1

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

yep....not sure if it has the exact picture your looking for, but there are a bunch, just uploaded an album today.....hope it helps

http://imageevent.com/longeill/1930swestinghousejrcooler

if not let me know, I still don't have a liner in it yet...I could take some fresh shots for you

I remember I had tough time removing the black sealant they put on...until I let her bake in the sun for a couple hours...lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:10:06 am by drfting1 » Logged

Bill
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:43:43 am »

On my Jr, the cross member was held in by tar. Once that was removed, it took gentle persuasion to remove the tub from the bottom. You may be chipping away at the tar to  free it.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:07:36 pm »

Yep, lots of tar around the lip..

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: