SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 08:28:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my VMC44  (Read 3191 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: September 26, 2015, 09:23:36 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Very regretfully I am putting my VMC44 up for sale.  Its an awesome little machine and one I wanted in my collection badly.  Unfortunately I recently got hit with some pretty heavy unanticipated expenses. 

As many of you know, I pretty thoroughly documented the process of refurbishing it last winter on this site. 

The bottle stack was completely disassembled, cleaned and painted.  I made clear plexi shims so that it will vend the newer 8oz Coke bottles.

I pulled, cleaned and repainted the tub and replaced the insulation and all the various nuts and bolts were replaced with a FunTronics stainless fastener kit.   

I pulled the compressor out, cleaned painted and totally re-wired it, including a new thermostat and new fans.  It quickly cools down to freezing and cycles on and off properly. 

Exterior-wise it is clean and shows well.  I polished the paint with Flitz and put a light coat of wax on it.  However it is totally original so it has  dents and scratches ("patina" if you prefer).  The coin mech is set to free-vend so all you need to do is walk up and crank the handle to get a coke.

My goal with this refurbishment was to leave the exterior in original condition while making the interior clean and safe for daily use.

I posted pics on the site during the work I did, so I will just link here - I have many more available on request.   I would like to get $2,500 for it if a fellow site member is interested but will also be listing it on eBay next weekend for a little bit higher to see if I can get any interest, unless I move it here first.

Here's the 'back together' thread with some before/after pics.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,20355.0.html

If anyone is interested or wants more pictures/details, please PM me.   I am located in York PA and can arrange to meet/deliver within 120 miles or so or you can have a shipper pick it up.  Last quote I got from UShip coast-to-coast for a machine was around $300.

Thanks,
Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:36:21 pm »

Man, sorry to hear about the unexpected expenses and having to sell your 44, you did a great job on this machine  this is a steal at 2500

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:38:46 pm »

Thanks Lonny - I'd happily take more  smile   but I'm hoping to move it quickly.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 10:55:48 am »

I remember your post when you got the machine and all the detail you put into it so I'm sorry you have to move it Jim. A better one will come along when the time is right. Hope things go well for you.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 11:11:38 am »

Sorry  you have to  sell the  44. Great  solid  machine very  fair  price. Good luck
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 08:42:23 pm »

Jim just sent you a PM.

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44