SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 07:08:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me sell  (Read 3101 times)
« on: December 04, 2003, 08:39:05 pm »

I am trying to obtain information to sell an old (pre-1960 I believe) Pepsi Machine manufactured by The Vendo Company Kansas City, MO (I know they have since moved to Fresno, CA).  The model number is 144SA, serial number OKA 929345.  A date on the electrical schematic reads 1956.  Can anyone provide a date or year of manufacture and approximate unrestored value?  The machine is functional, the sheetmetal is free of bangs or dents, but the paint is not the original blue (someone in the past painted it orange) and is a bit rough around the bottom.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:21:44 am »

here's some of the spec.'s out of the soda machines section
if it is a Vendo 144 and it's a Pepsi, my first question would be is it embossed, or just a screw-on sign? also once again pictures are very helpful in determining any machines value &
properly identifing it. in your description it sounds like the machine was originally a Coke, rebranded to Pepsi anyway here's the spec's on a V144, check out the soda machine s section on the home page, & see if yours looks like one.

Vending Capacity:    144 Bottles

Precool Capacity:    87 Bottles

Dimensions:    77 3/4" high, 32 1/2" wide, 18" deep

Weight:    450 lbs.

Production Dates:    1952 - 1959

Price New:    N/A

Description:    The Vendo 144 is considered very large and because of this, many people will turn their nose up at a V-144. Early versions were "All Red" with a masonite sign mounted on the front of the cabinet door at eye level. Coca-Cola mounted two different signs on these machines. Later, with the new "Two Tone" paint scheme, the sign changed to metal and read "Refresh Yourself" in a teal script lettering. The V-144 was an automatic vendor; and once the correct change was deposited, the machine would vend a bottle into the chute for the customer to retrieve. To best of our knowledge, there was a V-144MD (multi drink) that has three flavors instead of just one. The Vendo 144's could vend a variety of bottle sizes also. The vending rack is similar to the Vendo 80 only larger to accommodate a greater vending capacity.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: