SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 02:42:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old coke cola chest  (Read 3069 times)
« on: November 11, 2003, 12:20:11 am »

I would like any help anyone could give me. I have a coke caola chest type vendor, I assume it is a pre 60's, it has a tag that says it is made by tennisse furniture company. It has a Fridigare refrigeration unit. It is cooled with sulfur dioxide. It looks alot like a Westinghouse standerd. I am sorry I don't have a picture yet, I just found the machine, and just happend onto this site and thought I would give it a try! I am missing the top and sides and was wondering about parts and maybe if it is possible to get it to work again? Thanks for any help you might be able to give me!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 08:16:05 am »

Neat! Wow! Sulfur dioxide for the refrigerant! a step up from Ammonia I guess,that went out in the late 40's early 50's when the Freon's came around! It looks like a standard, but you'd have to measure carfully around the inside of the tank opening & compare to a standards before you'd be ordering any lids & as for the side panel/compressor covers any good sheet metal man can whip you up a set, but you'll have to dig around for a simular unit to give him an Idea what your after, I'm curious if it still runs & gets cold!? I'd have to refer you to Eric at Global Compressors, here at the site, click on the banner ad & give him a call, you don't want to be monkeying around with SO2 (Sulfur Dioxide) & get a face full of it. Pee-Yeew! I can't quite see from the picture, is the compressor a sealed unit or a electric-motor belt/driven type? also is it a water-bath or a dry type cooler? a picture of the inside of the tank (bottle area) would help! again.. Nice!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
John in NC
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 08:56:37 am »

Thats a Westinghouse Master (Standard is more square) "wet box" It should have a dual lid top, embossed on the underside on each. The interior would have a circulating motor and a cylindrical cooling coil surrounding it, all encased in a stainless cover. Cap catcher on fron to cover the drain and a stainless steel liner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: