SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 11:42:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 180 pull knob stuck  (Read 17082 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:07:00 pm »

Picture #1:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:07:36 pm »

Picture #2:
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »

First, remove the coin mech if you can to eliminate that part of the equation...
This could be problematic since the 5 cent pricing bar will not return. Try locating the pricing bar end that engages with the coin mech and see if you can apply pressure backward to disengage possibly allowing the pull knob to return...
I did notice there are dimes as well as nickels in the delivery tray; do you have both ten & five cent pricing on products...?  This particular pull knob is set to five cents so dimes wouldn't work, unless you happen to have a functioning changer giver coin mech...
In the photo, see if you can apply backward pressure on the vertical shaft/rod the red arrow points to.  Try this at the lowest point with a straight-slot screw-driver, perhaps below the five cent pricing bar.
Let me know if you get anywhere...

My six cents,

Jim

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 03:15:43 pm »

I would remove the coin mech first, if you can. There could be an errant coin in there holding things up.
These machines will free vend without the mech in place.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »

Thanks guys.  I will try to remove the coin mech, but will try to apply backward pressure on the vertical shaft/rod first and let you know what happens.  By the way in regards to the coin mech the person I got this from said Stoners came with coin mechs set at specific price.  Meaning if your coin mech was for five cents you could not change it unless you change the coin mech.  Is this correct?
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 10:58:22 pm »

There were change making mech's, but they are more complicated than what you probably have. When I saw what Jim mentioned, I looked again and see a dime, nickel and quarter all in the delivery tray. If someone put the wrong coinage in the slot and pulled too hard or fast, the coin may not have fallen through and could be the culprit here.
A jammed coin mech will stop the works. The machine only allows one pull at a time, so as long as that column is still somewhere in the "vend" position, none of the others will work.

To get a better side view of the coin mech, you should be able to pull the entire vending stack out a little, more on the right side, to gain access to the mech. There may be a little block lever somewhere to facilitate the vend mech sliding out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:30:45 pm by ajf5577 » Logged

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »

Thanks, I will try and take a look at the coin mech today.  I know it is metal so I am assuming it is a one price version.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »

As far as pricing is concerned, the pricing bars determine what any particular product column will sell for. Your machine has two pricing bars, 5 cent, the lower, and 10 cent, the middle and is missing the upper price bar. The middle and upper pricing bars have the ability to open/close the price set lever for each column allowing individual pricing, 5, 10 & 15 cents.  Most of the coin mechs are the same or similar and do not determine the price.
As to why this column is stuck/jammed, I do not really know with seeing the internal parts...  You may have to remove the complete vending stack to properly address the issue...  Keep us posted though

My six cents,

Jim

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 05:25:44 pm »

I stand corrected. I was recalling that the Stoners were similar to the Nationals. Going from memory.
I'll have to go look at my Stoner again.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:51 pm »

So I stand corrected.  This coin mech vends on 25 cents only.  It only though takes quarters and would never work with any combination of anything else (dimes and nickels).  I am going to try to take a look at it tonight and will report back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: