SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:51:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 180 not vending correctly  (Read 3233 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:38 pm »

I have a stoner 180 candy machine with a mint wheel that is not vending properly.  When I deposit 25 cents and pull one of the selections it wants to vend multiple candy from that same selection.  In some cases it is vending the one it should (lowest one) plus several others above it.  In other cases it is vending the correct one (lowest one), but then also drops several other ones along the same selection.  This is the same issue for any candy selection.  I will try and post some pictures tomorrow, but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on what might be causing this.   Thanks, Nick
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 03:05:49 am »

Nick have you locked the flaps in. I seem to remember that it has a sort of double locking mech. You click the flap up and click it up again. Its been a while since i've used my Stoner and I'm sure others will check in but its worth a try, a sort of double click. Hope that makes sense.

Dave
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:07:30 am »

Yep, sounds like the shelf locking mechanism may not be locking correctly. Pull the stack out and take a look at the back. It may just need a little lubriplate in the critical areas.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 07:40:37 pm »

You guys were right, it was not locking correctly.  I basically pushed all the flags up past level and now it seems to work.  I will let you know if I the issue re-appears, but thank you so much. 
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 11:26:40 pm »

You brought back some memories Dave. On the Stoners we had to flip the shelves up and then run our finger up the row like a deck of cards to set them again. If you didn't do that you would run the risk of the column being empty when you came back next week, but not enough change in the coin box. I have one Stoner left from our vending days, and the first National slant front candy machine that I ever bought.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 02:45:35 am »

Welcome to the board, ajf5577! The how it was done back in the day are the most important posts. Thank you for posting and anything else you care to share would be great! Thanks!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: