SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:24:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stamp Vendor, how does it work?  (Read 13114 times)
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 08:49:18 am »

"a small piece of metal to the 'push' part".

Can you post a pic of this part you did to modify it ?

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 10:28:53 am »

That is a cool video.  I love how they pop out of the slot.  I also will be looking for a stamp machine.  The price of those just tripled.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 10:54:44 am »

Maybe I should have bought a few more then posted!  Moondawg I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to do a rough cut for the slots then followed up with a file to get them flat and rounded edges.  I scored the smaller sides then cut the center so I could bend them out and not score further into the metal.  I'll take a few more photos when I do the other side to make it easier.  Maybe a little how-to would be good.

Chedki here's a video of the vending mechanism with the vend column removed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV_vJVBa9Tg

I thought I was going to have to make that a little higher to push the candy out, but it ended up working just fine as-is.

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 11:56:21 am »

Wow, this is very cool and not a big project like a soda machine restore.  I see these stamp machines from time to time and pass on them.....but not now!!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:04 pm »

Very cool. My 25 cent three slot vends pull tabs now. Think modes to two of the chute outlets is in order.
Thanks!
Dave missed your original post. Great job!
Creighton
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »

Here's a quick how-to on what needs to be modified on the stamp machines to make them vend the Hershey's candies.

Photo 1: There is a slot at the front of the vending mechanism that needs to be cut out, Dremel with a cutoff wheel will cut it out and then grind down the spot welds that it was held in with

Photo 2: The vending column needs to be opened up, so a 3/8" slot was cut with the Dremel and filed down to make the candies fit.

Photo 3: 3/8" slots are cut in the front of the vending slots, the top slot is cut fully with the Dremel, the sides are scored enough to not cut further into the top or bottom.  The center diagonal slot was cut so the two sides could be bent out with a pair of pliers.  After bending out, each side is filed down to straighten and round out the slots.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:02:10 pm by tkaz » Logged

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »

So I picked these up yesterday to try and make them vend the miniatures or bazooka gum (bought two incase I mess up). Didn't really vend when I tried and no key so was taking a chance figuring I had to tinker anyway. Got home, none of my keys worked, drilled the lock and was pleasantly suprised. They were both filled with old pull tabs. So much so they were jamming up the mechanisms.

So now I'm torn between converting the two or converting one and themeing the other to go with the fortunes.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 10:37:16 pm »

Your machines. Do as you please. Can tell you folks get a hoot out of the pull tabs. One of each would be my choice.
Creighton
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 11:05:07 pm »

I kept one original, and the other is for the candies.  The fortune theme would be cool as well, keep us updated on how they come out!

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:59:49 am »

I think they quit making the Bazooka rectangular hard gum.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: