SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:03:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOT DOG GRILLER (FOUND & BOUGHT)  (Read 12874 times)
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:44:32 am »

Well done !!!

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 08:59:38 am »

Do you have a picture of it when it was found just lying around?

A lot of stuff.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 09:09:59 am »

Yes would love to see the images, if available, of it in the wild/as found... and what other machines, if any, were there.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:42:14 am »

What an amazing find. Don't see those every day.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 03:46:55 pm »

Original Victor Kooler Grill Restoration 1 of 10 in the world
Original Victor Kooler Grill, 1 of 10 in the world. Curtis Kauffman 301-991-3532

Ok, this is how the #39 Victor Kooler Grill Built in Hagerstown, MD in the early 1950's was found, I got an Email from a lady that was excited because she was on my Facebook page and found a Coke machine just like the one her husband had found in a dry creek bed 2 years ago in Texas, claming it was just like the Hot Dog Griller I had posted pictures of and I get these calls often because what they think they have and end up having is two different machines and most have the 4 door Victor Cooler also produced in Hagerstown, Md in the early 1950's not the Victor Kooler Grill which less than 50 were produced and only 10 have been found to date, I asked her to please send me a few photos and the next day I checked my email and almost fell over, There it was,The Holly Grail of Coca Cola, The Victor Kooler Grill, AKA- The Hot Dog Griller! The first thing I started doing was looking for the Ser. plate and as I looked at it in all it's rust,I saw it was still intact. I asked her about selling it but her husband had no interest in selling but I had asked if I could keep in contact and she said that would be fine so over a year of an occasional email asking if they had though anymore about selling it last week she said yes and we came together on a price, I couldn't help but think that I'm now going to get to restore another Hot Dog Griller, Lighting had struck twice, I asked a very close friend Larry Garland of Flash And Trash Antique Amusements if he would like to partner up on the restoration of the Classic piece of History, YES! he said, now to get it back from Texas, Larry wasted no time in making flight arrangements for Me, him and Tim Williams who will get the privilege of driving this piece of history back from Texas, when I asked my friend Tim about doing this for me he only wanted me to cover all expenses. Two days later we were all on a am flight to Texas, then a 30min. cab ride to the Truck Rental then an hour ride to get the Kooler Grill, once there we loaded the Holy Grail of Coca Cola into a 10ft box truck, Tim dropped Larry and I off at the hotel and he was on his way. Larry and I took a am flight from Texas back home the next day.  This Victor Kooler Grill was built, Wright here in Hagerstown, MD in 1954 not more than 5 miles from my house. Spent it's life in Texas and has made it's way back home to begin a lengthy restoration process over the next year.

The Victor Kooler-Grill is perhaps the greatest Coke Cooler of all time. It was available in one size only. According to original Victor sales literature Every operating convenience is provided including a fascinating "Roll-A-Grill" behind a Plexiglas shield to capture the attention of Passers-by. The entire grill section and counter is stainless steel-sanitary, easy to clean, a sink, removable cutting board, two 1 qt. containers, bun warmer, heated 2 qt. container, storage area, cash register platform, and a revolving illuminated halo sign completes the picture. In addition, several accessories were also available including a deluxe empty bottle rack, waste receptacle, cup dispenser, and a drop in pre-mix dispenser. There are eight Victor Kooler Grills with serial numbers all under the number fifty, one Victor Kooler Grill is missing its serial number for a total of nine. So these Coca-Cola machines are Very Rare.
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »

You know how I like the rare stuff so I'm a little jealous right now. That is a great story. Congrats!  happydrinkers So now I'm curious are you going to tell us what serial # this one is? I couldn't make out tag in pic.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 08:22:29 pm »

sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 10:30:43 pm »

Thanks for sharing. happydrinkers

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

Great find.  Can't wait to see it restored!

drinking Tim drinking
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

'Holy Grail' antique Coke cooler and hot dog griller comes home

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/local/holy-grail-antique-coke-cooler-and-hot-dog-griller-comes/article_4f3924f6-4122-599f-bd26-c0b5e47e605e.html?mode=story
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: