SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 06:33:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is the coin rejector adjusted?  (Read 4579 times)
Coke536

« on: October 27, 2013, 03:44:15 pm »

How do I adjust the slug rejector that sits on top of a NRI Coin Mech model # 08-56-007?  None of the coins I drop in the slug rejector pass through (nickels, dimes or quarters).  I've cleaned the mechanism throughly and washed it the dishwasher, but so far none of the coins process through.

I've toyed around with every screw on it, but so far nothings helped.  Please see the pics attached

Are there any instructions available?  I purchased a Cavalier Parts & Service manual, but there isn't any info on the coin mechanisms.

Thanks,

Jim

Coke Cavalier CSS-8-64 & USS-8-64- purchased Oct 2013
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:27 am »

Check the side screw that holds the coin mech in place, closest to the coin entry. If it is too tight the coins will not go through.  I had the same problem when I first got my GBV-50

Greg
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:33:39 am »

There are so many things to look for it is hard to say through a picture. Coins are tested for size and composition. Each coin has different adjustments.
If all of the coins are just falling through, then check the main scavenger plate (spring loaded piece that you have propped open). Insure that it sits flush against the main body. If not, twist or tweak it so it is flush. Also make sure the coin cradles pivot freely.
If they are not passing, then try to ID where the coins are sticking and resolve the issue based on that.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:18 am »

There are so many things to look for it is hard to say through a picture. Coins are tested for size and composition. Each coin has different adjustments.
If all of the coins are just falling through, then check the main scavenger plate (spring loaded piece that you have propped open). Insure that it sits flush against the main body. If not, twist or tweak it so it is flush. Also make sure the coin cradles pivot freely.
If they are not passing, then try to ID where the coins are sticking and resolve the issue based on that.

... or just send it to Tom to fix and be done with it.   smile

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: