SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 04:19:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coinco s75-9800b question  (Read 4996 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: August 14, 2011, 10:58:56 pm »

Anyone know how hard it is to replace the fuse on the logic board on a coinco s75-9800B?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:46:51 am by johnieG » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:51:08 am »

you have to clean the copper runs (foil traces) & solder a piece of 18 gauge(awg) solid wire across were the "fuse" trace used to be..( usually marked by a large black & silver flash spot where the original vaporized due the short it suffered... tounge  Also be aware that it blew for a reason & if the cause isn't repaired, then it will blow again

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:05:49 pm »

The fuse blowing was actually my fault. Thanks for letting me know how to fix it.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:03:49 am »

I got the logic board out and will work on it soon but I do have one sort of unrelated question. What is the little plastic thing on the logic board with the little metal ball in it for? Just saw it and was curious.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:51 pm »

It's a "Tilt" switch, ( Just like on a pinball machine, only a mini version) used to disable the coinmech in case someone got the brilliant idea to shake/slam the machine to force the coinmechs coin-switches to register a credit. if you wish, you may remove the plastic cage & take out the little ball-bearing, then grab the remaining metal tangs with a pair of needle-nose pliers & snap them off the board by rocking the tangs back&forth until they snap off ( they aren't needed for home use anyway)

& if the tilt switch is triggered ( or shorted momentarily) it will kill the coinmechs logic chip ( it will reject all coins) until the machine is unplugged & then plugged back in ( or the coinmech) to reset the logic board.  it used to be a nice little (dirty) trick for an unscrupulous vending tech to "bump" the machines on his route late at night to trigger the "tilt" switch & then get a nice round of service calls in the morning to come & "fix" the machines! ( easy money when business is slow if you had no honor)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:51 pm »

I think I might leave it on this mech since the machine I am working on is actually in service in an ice cream shop and since I can't see the machine from the front counter I don't want the customers to get anything out for free but that is really interesting. Never knew that they had so much stuff in these old machines. It is pretty cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: