SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:56:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Me Again...  (Read 9690 times)
Husker
« on: December 02, 2009, 02:21:34 am »

Hello all..me again.. with another noob question .... or 5.. Choicevend 168; Coinco S759800B; which the coin changer is not working nor will it vend.. (I found the op and service manual per one of you great people out there) I have read it.. and reread it..
To my question..When i drop $$ in, it goes straight to the change bucket, all change.. but DONT vend. (This is for home use/ but would be nice if the changer did work..)  I have heard that the boards on the coin changers go bad; but is their a way to "bypass" the unit to see if it will vend?..(Wire it for Free Play??..) the augers work when i hit the lil rod underneath.. and i can hear the relay box "clicking"... but i dont know my next step should be... check coin changer?.. or other problems..
Also the Jones Connector; anyone tell me what the wiring is?.. i found 115 volts of power, but no other power..  i dont know what the other 5 wires are....

I hope this isnt posted in the wrong section.. You guys are a HUGE help.. Thanks again.... From: Your learning Noob... lol
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:32:33 am by Husker » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:40 am »

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php?topic=871.0

Here is the post that you are looking for!  It is pinned to the top of the Coin Mechanisms area.  Hope this helps!

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:03 am »

Make sure the machine has product in it or it will bypass all the coins.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Husker
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:23:09 pm »

Yes; at least 1/2 full all slots.. and its even down thru the augers..
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:27:45 pm »

Make sure the machine has product in it or it will bypass all the coins.

A choice-vends' auger system does use an "empty" switch that that will lock out that particular columns selection button, but it won't prevent the coinmech from accepting coins like in a Vendo with a serpentine rack delivery gate system.   jumper pins 1 to 3 on the female "jones" socket with the coinmech removed/unplugged, & see if it will set the vending/credit relay & allow you to vend a selection.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Husker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »

ok.. i jumped 1 and 3.. i heard a single "click"; no vend ( i also checked on the relay box to see if it tripped something... it didnt)... i thought i read  that i have to tie in #7 also?...
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:52:06 pm »

Have the power OFF to the machine.

Put 2 wires in #1 - take the other end of one of the wires and put it in #7.  Leave the other wire hanging for a minute.

Now, take another wire and put it in #3.

Turn power ON.

Now take the loose wire that you have hanging out of # 1 and touch it for just a second or two to the other wire hanging out of #3.

This will trigger for a vend - make your selection and see if it works.   GOOD LUCK!
Husker
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »

YES!!!!.. Thank You very much Pepsi Perk!!!!! Now just install a momentary microswitch and im set?
Thank you again very much.. i was so lost.. You guys are the BEST!!...   happydrinkers
Husker
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:44 pm »

So shall i assume that the coin mech is junk then ?
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »

Yep...just solder those two wires to a switch...get one rated for 125V AC at Radio Shack or some hardware store.  

Make sure it is a NORMALLY OPEN switch - so when you push the button you will be shorting out those two wires like you just did when you touched them together.

Hide the switch somewhere and enjoy!

CHEERS!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: