SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 04:25:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 51 dispenser door question  (Read 4863 times)
« on: January 05, 2003, 07:36:55 pm »

Does anyone have a picture of what the chrome bottle door should look like on the later (white top) Cavalier 51?  I noticed that my machine's door (a white top model) does not say Cavalier on it as the ads for the earlier (all red) 51 models did (in ads from the time).  Did this change on the later models?  Thanks for any help.
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 08:05:48 pm »

There are differences. I believe the older ones also say ICE COLD on the bottom of the main door.

Missouri
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 11:03:58 pm »

If it helps, my machine is a C-51 c, but I'm not sure what the "c" means.  Thanks.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 11:20:42 pm »

Hey there  I have A Cavalier C 51 ,Right know it is Red  with a white top it was repainted  It should be all  Red .
The bottle door  says open door  the coin door bezel has Cavalier  and the main door  has Ice cold . There is a couple of different styles of bottle doors  dependind on year.
ANd the C  stands for Cavalier. If you want to see a good photo of Cavalier C 51 go to www.colamachine.com
and click on the photo library then click round top machines
and cavalier is there .

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2003, 12:05:21 pm »

Thank you to Audiobeer and Pat for responding to my question.  I have since learned that there are three different types of chrome doors (through which you grab the bottle) on the Cavalier 51.  The earliest and most attractive version had a handle on it, another version, a simple round knob.  The model I have has a knob shaped like a tie down on a boat.  What this means is that the door I have is indeed stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: