SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 09:20:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr pepper machine (guiberson) model  (Read 3563 times)
« on: October 31, 2002, 10:23:54 pm »

HI
I am looking for information on a Dr Pepper machine. It is a Guiberson,early to mid forties, in age.
It has a bottle cap logo on the machine but I am not sure of the colors. The bottle cap is green and white with Dr. Pepper in script across the white stripe. The surface has rust on it and I am not sure what color the letters are supposed to be.
It looks as if it could be green. I have never seen this logo before and hope someone can help me.
I want to restore the logo to complete the restoration of the machine.
Is it possible the script could be red? The metal sign on the machine was red with white letters. Could it be that the colors were reversed of the logo? I have seen only one example of where Dr Pepper was in red. It is on a copy (I think) of a wooden thermometer I have.
If any one has any information please contact me.
Thanks
David
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 10:26:06 pm »

The coolers I've seen had the script as red with the background green. The 40s Atlas coolers were done in that scheme.

Missouri
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 05:44:56 am »

David,

How about posting a photo here so we can all see what you have...?

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 09:51:11 pm »

I will try to get a picture Posted of  the machine soon so you can see what it looks like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: