SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:13:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Vendo 44  (Read 13218 times)
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:28 am »

Hello everyone, I love reading all that you all have to offer on this website.  I have always collected soda, gas/oil and country store collectibles in the past but have always really wanted a vendo 44.  I finally got one yesterday delivered so I figured I would finally be able to contribute to the discussions.  Here are the before pictures and I am going to try to do the same steps that Dave used on his Dr. Pepper machine that looked amazing.  Can I use the Flitz on the silver trim around the front and sides of the machine as well??  Also at some point I am going to have the liner changed and is there anything that I need to do to the compressor to make sure that everything is running smooth.  It still cools but just wanted to see if there is anything that I need to be doing on my end to make sure that it stays that way as I will not have it running 24/7?  Thanks so much in advance and I will be sure to post plenty of pics along the way as I want to keep it totally original. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:19 pm »

nice looking machine, congrats
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:44:05 pm »

Yes, what makes Flitz so great is that you can use it on chrome, stainless, plastic or paint.  I just used it on my soda fountain.  I am going to try to use it on my Jacobs 56 pepsi

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »

Nice 44.  Compressor-wise, I'll typically change the wiring harness and condensor/evap fans.  That's a failry inexpensive means to ensure safety and functionality.

If you get into difficulty, there are many folks here who can help.  For cooling system stuff, I recommend:

Eric at Global Compressors
JohnieG

Both are active members of this community.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:57:18 pm »

That is one nice looking original 44!

Nice find

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:13:52 pm »

Great Looking original 44.. I too have one that is super nice, and its one of my favorite things in my collection..

as Brian said, yes Flitz is a great product.. I've never used it on painted metal yet so would test it first somewhere to see how it works.. but metal will work fine on any metal...

not sure what you mean by your gonna get the liner changed, unless you mean your replacing the door liner I'm assuming.. or maybe your redoing the inner tub liner?

When I've run across nice original like this, I usually just do a "Refurbishment" on them.. I still disassemble the whole unit, rewire the compressor, new fan motors and a general cleanup.. I take out the tub and remove all the old insulation, eliminate any signs of rust and then reinstall all new insulation, cleaned up tub and innards and new gaskets on the door and usually a new door liner as the originals usually are cracked..

polish the heck out of it and enjoy it..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:42:28 pm »

Well after following Dave's order, washing the machine, using compound wax on tough stains, waxing the machine, using Flitz on the entire machine, and then waxing again, this is how it turned out!!!  This took several hours between last night and today but the outcome is amazing and I still can't believe that it is the same machine.  If you have never used that Flitz, it is the most amazing part of the whole transformation because it gave the entire machine a shine that it did not have even after I had waxed the machine the first time and the chrome looking metal areas now shine unbelievably as well.  All I can saw is wow for the Flitz product, I even used it on my kitchen sink today and it made it shine.  Just look at the before and after of the shine to the machine.  I was able to pick Flitz up at a local ace hardware store.  I will have more questions as I start to work on changing the door liner.  Thanks for all of the help!

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

looks Good!

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 03:07:36 pm »

Wow!!! Looks awesome. That is one very nice looking machine. Good job.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C