SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 09:22:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator 27 on original kay display  (Read 6725 times)
lucasvendo39

« on: December 17, 2008, 08:41:35 pm »

I have an oppertunity to purchase an all original 27 on an original wooden kay display. It is complete and gets ice cold. The machine it self has some small dents on the bottom edge of the door and the paint should clean up nicely. The stand is all wood with the original metal tag on it. The paint is peeling a little, the little rounded door where you put bottles has a good size crack in it. All in all it is a decent original machine. It is a coca cola machine. Any thoughts on the current value?? Thanks
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:37:56 pm »

I have seen a few restored 27s come up lately for 2k or less. I bought a Pepsi VMC 27 (metal body) in super nice original condition six weeks ago for $850.00 or $900.00. don't remeber exactly. But it is too nice to restore. And I even believe that what I paid was too much. Machines aren't selling as fast as they were a year or two ago.
I have never seen the wooden Kay stand. I don't believe I would give any extra for the privilage of owning a 27 with the Kay base. I prefer the pole stand, but others here may have more information concerning the value of this particular base. I would expect the wood base to be extremely rare due to the abuse it would recieve during it's life. I don't expect many survived. So it my be worth something.
Ensure that your purchase is complete and working, lest you will be competing with me and a few others on Ebay for those much needed parts. Also ensure the drum is not only present, but not cracked or broken. They can be welded, but it is better to just make sure it is in good shape before you buy. I bought another 27 that was complete only to find the drum was damaged after I brought it home. Now I am willing to pay top dollar for a replacement drum.
I personally would not spend more then $500.00 on a Coca Cola 27 (aluminum body) in today's market. And then only if it was close enough for me to pick it up. I can buy one restored for less then it would take to restore one myself. And without the headache. But I wouldn't pass it up if it were agood deal. The value of the parts alone should add up to more then $700.00. And these machines will again regain there value in the near future.

Good luck
lucasvendo39

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:09:54 am »

Thanks RC.... $500 was what I was thinking. Up here in the Northeast machines have been moving very slow. It seems like a good time to buy, but allot of people still want a ton for there stuff.  Thanks again smile
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:00:46 pm »

Same here in North Carolina. But I am finding more deals then I can afford to buy. Something I couldn't say last year.

Good luck.
lucasvendo39

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:02:41 pm »

Here's a pic of it....
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »

I like it. Alot! It needs some work though (Not much). I see it is missing the crank handle. Is the rest of the coin mech present? And doe it work? How about the cooling unit? Does it get cold? And most of all, How much did you finally pay for it? I hope you got a good deal.

Lots of questions, I know. I would love to see more pictures of it, and please enclose pictures of the base.

Congrats on your purchase.
lucasvendo39

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 08:27:51 pm »

Well.... I don't actually own it yet, Can't agree on a price with the current owner.  It is 100% working and the crank handle is there just not attached. Coin mech looks to be original as well. I hope I end up with it. Thanks
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »

If you are planning on keeping it, it might be worth a little more then the $500.00 you were planning on spending. Well, good luck! I hope you get it.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 11:56:25 pm »

$500 probable not to bad for this machine. I would go for it.
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 10:22:57 am »

Prices have dropped drastically on the 27 and 27A's but it would certainly be worth $500.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: