SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:13:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WESTINGHOUSE 10 CASE GIANT COOLER HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH,  (Read 2986 times)
Olympian
« on: August 17, 2007, 09:59:38 pm »

hopefull
Hello, I just joined SMC and was referred here by loman4ec. I emailed him to get his advise but I think he is on his way back to Singapore so I thought I would get my feet wet and try you guys. I have a chance to get a Westinghouse 10 case giant cooler embossed on all 4 sides solid no dents not hardly even a scratch with surface rust Gets ice cold. Has 3 opener and catch boxes.paint is faded will need to paint. inside is also in great condition.The 2 lids are perfect. I have no idea what it is worth so I need to know that before I make him an offer and we start to deal .Of course I want to start lower than its value and I also want to know when to say see ya! Hope someone can give me some guideline.
Thanks Olympian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:05:41 pm »

First off Welcome aboard, and if your a friend of Josh's, pretty sure you'll be welcomed here iwth open arms! happydrinkers
Is this your first machine/cooler then...if so sounds like quite a bit to get into right away?/ but if the price is right any machine is a great machine.. I however am not the one to ask on those giant coolers as I dont' own one, have the space for one or really disire to own one.
So .. Sorry not opionion on it as of yet, unless you can get it for less than $100 then I'd say you just have to buy it on principal... can't leave em out there...

Someone here will give you a better idea on what to offer.. Good luck and we'll need to see phoos either way! (we like photos...... of machines)

Welcome/ Later,

Signguy

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:31:22 am »

So .. Sorry not opinion on it as of yet, Unless you can get it for less than $100 then I'd say you just have to buy it on principal... can't leave em out there...

Someone here will give you a better idea on what to offer.. Good luck and we'll need to see phoos either way! (we like photos...... of machines)

Welcome/ Later,

Signguy

This same logic seems to get me in a whole lot of trouble. Using this logic, I now own 8-9 soda machines, a juke, 5 arcade games, a popcorn machine... I can't even try to be nice to my wife anymore because she thinks it means I'm bringing another machine home...  help

Welcome to the site Olympian! I agree with Signguy.. its not a desirable machine unless you are going to use it in a store or something.. thats a whole lot just to keep cold...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:29:44 am »

If the paint were good we might give you the OK, but anyone
who has ever done body and paint and letters on one of these will
probably never do another! It's easier to do a car.
     A cooler of this size is of little use in a home, you don't keep a
years supply of beverages cold. Refrigeration cost and floorspace
need to be considered as well as high refurbishing cost and low
re-sale value.

Any more questions?     biggrin

That cooler belongs at the local Moose Lodge or Boyscout camp.

Glen
Olympian
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:12 pm »

Thanks for the responces.Your advice is well taken. Josh got in touch with me after I posted and said the same thing. I won't be getting this because Moondawg hit a nerve when he said how rough it is to paint but Moondawg I will tell you that here at my place with the amount of soda that we go through with the kids grand kids and neighbors we use more than your local boyscout troop and are approaching Moose Club status . I will be posting some pictures of a machine I have and getting some input on steps I need to take to get it vending.  biggrin
Thanks again,
Olympian,
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: