SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 02:20:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repro coin entry bezel  (Read 3288 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« on: August 31, 2003, 06:41:48 pm »

I bought one of the re-made coin entry bezels for an 81 D  a while back and had it chrome plated. It installed well, but I had to remove it today and two of the 6 hold-down tabs broke off.
         While I can still use it, I am disappointed in the product and am passing on this info to the group!
                                                                Glen

Glen
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 09:20:10 pm »

What a disapointment. Its the same with some of the repo stuff for old cars. I'm learning thats it's better to pay the big bucks for OEM and paying to have it redone. If you havn't figured out my name, it's a 1965 nova
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 10:20:11 am »

It happened to me when I installed it.  2 of the 6 threaded nuts pulled out and now the front left is not square to the coin door.  The overall quality of the repop is very good.  I paid $ 125.00 for mine already chromed.  I was unable to find one used so this was a very good alternative and when it came in I was very happy.  Just wish the screws did not pop of the back when I installed it.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:33:39 pm »

I know this isn't a solution, but has anyone contacted the seller to see about a replacement...?
Something like this needs to be corrected. Perhaps the reproduction process needs to be improved to deliver a better quality product!

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: