SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 03:41:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipping a machine  (Read 3428 times)
Vendo Guy
5 Cent Member

« on: July 09, 2003, 11:18:04 am »

I need some help.....

What is the best (cheapest) way to have a Coke machine shipped across the US??  If anyone has some freight company names or websites that they use I would appreciate it!!

Thanks,
V.G.

There is a fine line between a hobby.................. and a mental illness!!!

Six machines and counting...
(3) Vendo 110's
(4) Vendo 110 - 6 Case Cooler
(1) Westinghouse Standard Ice

- Vendo Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 11:22:11 pm »

V.G.
  Check out Forward Air's web page. This is the carrier I use.
  It is usually under $100 with insurance. You will have to put the machine on a pallet ( bolt the box to the pallet) build a crate around the machine leaving room for padding. Take it to forward airs closest terminal usually found at major air ports. They will unload the box, weigh it and give you an invoice. The receiver will have to pick the box up at the closest F.A. terminal to them.
  Note: Make the pallet as small as possible because you are charged for the floor space the unit takes up!............Jack
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 08:18:42 am »

I have used Forward Air for several years now, and they are the lowest priced, because they don't offer the door to door service.
       But I, and others I know,have always noticed a poor employee attitude and service toward us,the customer, at our local terminal.
        Is this an isolated situation, or a corporate problem?
        Would anyone who has used Fwd Air care to comment either way?

Glen
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 11:17:06 am »

The Forward Air I use is great! They are always glad to help Me. However This company is getting to be like all companies with a pinhead corporate 500 guru leading a profit charge at the expense of the employee......ah do I sound bitter?

Missouri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: