SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:42:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaker pole  (Read 16115 times)
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »

cohammer, We have a drive in about 50 miles away and what some folks had was the drive-in speakers wired up to a radio hanging on the window for that authentic scratchy mono tone drive-in sound.   

Slider I got the same speaker hanger with the light, does yours only light up half of the top? I was told the lighted side was away from the car to help you find it in the dark and  the other side wasn't lite so there wasn't a light in your eyes during the movie... makes sense.

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »

It also was a beacon so you wouldn't  smash into the pole.

Ray, I think there is still the Wyoming-Ford Drive In downriver from us

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »

cohammer, We have a drive in about 50 miles away and what some folks had was the drive-in speakers wired up to a radio hanging on the window for that authentic scratchy mono tone drive-in sound.   

You know that's exactly what I plan to do with these. Also want to get a pair of those in car heaters and the junction box for them. Don't plan on using them but they are just one of those things that I think would be cool to have. Also saw the board in the junction box does have a spot for a light bulb but the socket was removed long ago. I did find a replacement online and I'll order that sometime soon.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:32:49 pm »

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some disk blades from some farm equipment? I ended up cutting the fitting off one of those stands because they welded the base plate on upside down which was a safety issue because of the beveled edge being exposed (could just see someone walking up to the speakers and splitting a toe open on that) and long story short I ended up re welding the part and got the base too hot and is now very warped.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 01:04:04 pm »

Unless you live near farm country, Try Ebay, or a John Deere Dealer.  I would also see if there is a Tractor Supply stop near you.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:56 pm »

Unless you live near farm country, Try Ebay, or a John Deere Dealer.  I would also see if there is a Tractor Supply stop near you.

I actually have to hit tractor supply for some parts for my welder so I'll ask them. Think I might end up trying one outside of town since the one I was at before is kind of in the middle of the city. There are a ton of farming communities around me so I might just take one day and start hitting all the tractor dealers near by
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 01:37:54 pm »

i would think they can order you one.  Or  go to a Lighting shop, or Lowe's or Home Depot. Maybe a metal shade would work....

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:21 pm »

Love it. Wife and my self fogged up a few windows a King Drive In, Russellville, Al. Still going strong today,,,,,,the drove in that is.

http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/altking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »

Here is one I did for myself .

I've done other for people   using other thing for the stands
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:51 pm »

Make it out of the MDF or thick heavy wood and router the edges like those off ebay and paint it... find that fitting that the pole fits in
then screw it to the material and hammertone it all.. I thought that looked really clean.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:04:18 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: