SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:32:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Coke Machine  (Read 14668 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:55:03 am »

I'm sorry to learn of this low life act ! ! !
I'll keep an eye as well; however, as Glen mentioned, if the machines get parted out, it will be more challenging to recover them...
Please post any photos you may have of the machines to aid us.

My six cents,

Jim

wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:14 am »

How about setting up a CL alert and use key words that a theif might use to sell the stuff....? I know there are some app that can do this.

Brian
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

If the internet avenues of sale are covered, you may want to go "old school" and check out antique/pawn shops in the area and maybe even other collectors in the area. 

The building sounds like it was somewhat remote so I would also think its someone you may know vs a smash and grab.

Best of luck to you in the recovery.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 02:06:53 pm »

Sorry to hear that Rod. That's a damn shame that people have to do that. I agree with some others here, had to be someone who knew what you had in that shed. Does not sound like a random theft. Hope they catch em!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »

Doesn't seem like a very smart thief.  Who wants to steal items that call attention to themselves.  Put them online or pull up to a pawn shop and most people will notice them and want to know the story behind them.  Would be better off going after items that could neot be easily identified.  But I guess if they had any brains they would be doing something other than breaking into storage lockers.  I'm in central MO, which might be a reasonable distance for them to travel to unload them and maybe feel safe about it.  Will keep my eyes open around here.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »

Unfortunately, Sometimes with break ins, it is people you know, or have done business with..... Try to think back if you ever had people in your storage building showing them a machine for sale, that seemed shady...

Sorry to hear Rod! Not a good Fathers Day present!
Shane is right though. I was burglarized a few decades ago and that is exactly what the police told me. Someone doesn't break and enter unless they know there is something worth the risk inside. I'd think back as to who you might have taken to the building.
Did the police get any fingerprints? All they might need is a name to match now.
Good Luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

i'll keep my eyes open in Champaign. You never know thiefs are pretty stupid they might try and sell them in central Il.
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »

Sorry to hear that. With a little luck the prints might turn up something. I would say they are looking to make a quick buck. Will keep a lookout on CL around the TN area.

~ Bryan
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »

We'll keep an eye out here in Michigan for sure!, also as suggested do a search of all craigs list & call any local antique shops near your local & around the storage area & let them know to be on the lookout, antique dealers are also a pretty close knit set of businessmen & deal with each other on a regular basis buying & selling & trading.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 04:14:10 pm »

I hate thieves!!!!   veryangry

There are always guys on Craigslist running "Wanted to Buy" ads.  I would reach out to the  guys posting these types of ads & inform that these machines were stolen.  I would guess that the thieves would try to unload these quickly, so they might try to sell them this way rather than advertise them for sale themselves. 

If you offer them some type of a reward for information leading to an arrest, you will definitely get their attention.

I hope you are able to catch these scumbags!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:16:12 pm by flippa » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: